Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats yall's opinion of the best cat-back? Also the ones on ebay name OBX, MAGNAFLOW, OR APEX? Which ones best? Or are there differences in performance between them? keep in mind i dont care about the sound. im getting them for performance. Thanks guys.

Shane

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
If you are looking for best performance I would suggest Borla. Strange
that I say that when I own a Focus Sport Stealth Exhaust. Stay away
from the OBX exhaust. I helped install one and the piping comes below
the rear cross member and the tip comes out at an angle and will
probably melt your rear bumper

·
Registered
468 Posts
BigRed03 said:
Magnaflow, Borla, FocusSport, and MBRP are the most popular around this site.
yeah that is pretty much correct...

right now I have the Borla and I love it and I had the MBRP and I loved it too

you'll be happy w/any of those exhausts....barely any bad reviews about em : )

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
BORLA (by far the best, always has been, always will be).....

MAGNAFLOW, MBRP, FOCUS SPORT makes some nice ones also.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Trubendz.com Check it out. A borla or magnaflow or flowmaster for a lot less. My exhaust cost 370 to the door. What it is 2.5inch w/ 2.5inch flex. I went cheap and used aluminized steel but the stainless price is pretty good also. I used a magnaflow muffler and love it. I also have a race header so it is a bit loud. They use mendrel bent piping and whatever muffler you want. You probably lose just a tick of quality but for me it was well worth it. There sizes range from 2.25 to 3.5 so all aplications are covered.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Searching around on the site you will find that the BORLA is highly recommended[thumb] I had a Magnaflow then switched to a Borla. I would never go back to a Magnaflow again.

·
Registered
381 Posts
how does apex compare to the others? does it sound good?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Borla all the way! Sound and performance.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Borla all the way, I have one and I am very pleased with it. Check Mcnewsautomotive.com for them, they have very good deals on Borla.

·
Registered
441 Posts
does anybody remember way back in the day I mean back when focus' were just starting to finally get aftermarket parts. There was an exhaust system that claimed like 5 more hp than any other system. I can't remember the name but it was pricey.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I figured I'd slightly hijack this thread since it hasn't been used in a while. I realized the stainless is better than the aluminized steel. My question is where does the stock system fit in when it comes to rust resistance?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i have a Tsudo exhaust and i like it, the only problem i have with it is that the tip is 4.5 inches, too big for me. but it sounds good. Everyone seems to like the borla so thats the easiest route

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Another vote for Borla...I've had mine on since late 2004 and I can't complain. Its civil while cruising, but opens up when you hammer on the throttle. And the tone is deep and gurgly, not ricey or raspy at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts