Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know iv seen a dyno forum on here comparing all of the dyno's but i cant find it. I just want the best bang for the buck i was looking at the Steeda but its 299 and the Fswerks with the green filter is 159 there is quiet a big difference there so i just wanna know if its going to be worth it or save the 140 and buy something else with it

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I would do FSWERKS CAI and get a rear sway bar. Just me.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
the thread that compared them all showed the K&N putting out the most power i believe. +1 ^^ on what he said too.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Love my K&N. It actually replaces the stock intake hose too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Love my k&n but it's loud
Does it give you a gurgling sound at low speed/heavy load like the open-end COBB filter (for example) or running without the air box cover? I tried the Injen and the COBB and removed them shortly after because they sounded ridiculous. Trying to find something that sounds good and not stupid, but I don't feel like wasting the money to try them all.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Does it give you a gurgling sound at low speed/heavy load like the open-end COBB filter (for example) or running without the air box cover? I tried the Injen and the COBB and removed them shortly after because they sounded ridiculous. Trying to find something that sounds good and not stupid, but I don't feel like wasting the money to try them all.
Just grab the open-end K&N drop in. Small noise increase but not anything obnoxious.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The best bang for your buck is a K&N drop-in and remove the snorkel. <$50.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I should be getting in my AEM CAI tomorrow morning and will promptly be calling in sick to work just to put it in. After what I have read and seen it is the only intake to actually draw from below or away from the engine compartment.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm pretty sure i've seen somewhere that said the AEM CAIis the only true CAI bcos it does exactly that ^
I don't know much about CAIs but to me I feel like the K&N CAI and the Steeda CAI (for the ST) are designed to gather air from the front // have channels or heat shields leading up to where the snorkel hose would be. If the Steeda CAI for the NA had a similar style box as the version for the ST combined with the Ram Air. I feel like that would do an extremely good job at pulling cold air from the outside. Or am I wrong? :p All the rest seem really open, but don't have a direct channel to a cold air source?

(Pretend the Steeda ST CAI fit the N/A)

+

·
Registered
984 Posts
The stock box is a true CAI as it only draws air from outside the engine compartment.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The stock box is a true CAI as it only draws air from outside the engine compartment.
yea that too.

I'd just go with the Drop In & Snorkel delete ($50?) and maybe adding the Steeda Ram Air Intake Scoop ($140) after. Total (< $200~).
All together still cheaper than other CAIs listed ($250-300 + ?). The Ford Racing Cold Air Intake Kit is similarly just a high flow K&N Filter + Air inlet.

not sure of the performance gain differences tho

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Does the ford racing air inlet even work on a non st? Seems like it might go down enough to contact the bumper cover.

·
Registered
984 Posts
^^^Folks here have used it successfully; do a search on "ST snorkel".

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Ahh thanks. Well I won't be spending the $175 for it anyways. I don't see it doing too much more than the regular piece + a drop in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts