Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Best CAI for 2.0 Duratec

5604 Views 22 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  SlickWilly
I was wondering witch is the best filter quality is not an issue as i already have a 3" K&N air filter.

Was just looking at the fswerks and the CFM one dont want to throw $ by the window i know mainly this is an aluminium or steel pipe but as our d20 and d23 are sensible to air turbulance variation from the maf i want to know your opinion.

Mainly i know the design can make a different sound in the cabin ex: full cai vs short ram.

Well i need advice and is this worth it to buy one with insert that can be removed for a dyno tune? is this really worth it ? i only have for now a magnaflow full exhaust?....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· w/ my magic bag
33,477 Posts
I like the Steeda sri for not having to deal w/ water issues & easy to clean the filter.

· w/ my magic bag
33,477 Posts
Got the Fswerks cold air intake with green filter and outer wear filter sock on my dad's '07 ST, he loves it, and it keeps the filter clean.
Great as long as you don't have any major puddles or standing water.

· w/ my magic bag
33,477 Posts
Except not for the Duratec...

CFM all the way, I've spent well over 500$ with them in the past month or so, driving to their warehouse Monday to pick up more parts. The CFM intake is also really nice.
Say Hi to William for me.

· w/ my magic bag
33,477 Posts
Once E-Bay gets mentioned I always have to comment that SOME cheap units don't have the right diameter MAF tube & won't work properly.

Measure any replacement carefully before installation to avoid this problem, easier to return when never installed.
I'm w/ you on that one Roger, once e-bay is involved. Got to make sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.