Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys that are using the machs I have a question for you.

What are you using for your Projectors and High beam bulbs? I just bought these and the High Beams seem kind of yellowish where I was expecting a whiter color.

I am not to concerned about the DRL's and Turn Signal lights at the moment.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, does anyone have a diagram as to what is the best way to aim these. I know I need to be 25 feet away but how far up on the wall should the beam pattern be?

Also, does the projector do good with an HID bulb or does it have to be halogen in there? I believe there are HIDs in them right now. And just a Halogen in the High Beam.

Thanks.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I saw that link earlier when I was searching. I also came across these two, that seem pretty good to me.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=464202
http://www.ofoc.ca/HID/step05.html

SO from what I read from 25 ft. back from a wall on a flat and level surface there should be about a 2 and a half inch drop on the pattern.

So what HID's should I get then to go in the projectors? Bi-xenon if I want to do that hack to have the projector and high beam on at the same time?

For the High Beam I have read to go with an H7 bulb? Most use Sylvania bulbs, I wasn't too impressed with these bulbs in my stock housing and they lasted a year-yeah and a half and definitely faded over time.

Oh and that the high's are a PAIN to get out to replace. Correct?

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
The bulbs are D2S check out CLICKY

Definitely get the Bi-Xenon blubs and do the little mod. Its just a switch in the highbeam stalk that you wire. Took me about 10 minutes. I am also in the market for new bulbs just haven't really decided on how much I want to shell out for them. its anywhere from 50$-200$ for a set.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the ballasts 35 watt correct? not 55w.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For 15 dollars it was worth a shot so we shall see how they do when they get here.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting. So removing the foreground shield does what exactly? Just lets light shine closer to the car as well?

Worth it?

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
Interesting. So removing the foreground shield does what exactly? Just lets light shine closer to the car as well?

Worth it?
Definitely worth it, you'll get a little more light in front of the car. I did it with the clear lenses and it was a world of difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts