Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've gotten older, my taste for beer has changed quite a bit. In college I was doing 3 story beer bongs filled with Coors Light (out of a party ball if you remember those).

Nowadays, I typically drink darker beers that have a lot of flavor. My current favorite is called Chimay Ale Grande Reserve. It is a true trappiste beer brewed my monks in Belgium. They make 2 other kinds, but this one I enjoy the most. Unless you get the taster pack that has a 12oz bottle of each of the 3 kinds, you can only get it in a 750ml bottle (much like wine). This particular one actually improves with age! (its age, not mine)

Otherwise, I normally drink either Guinness or Shiner Bock.

Please post your favorites [thumb]

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Moretti (italian beer) very nice crisp taste, im 21, 22 next week and ive gone threw all sorts of beer and that stuff is good.

not only because im italian but because it is actually good.

it doesnt leave a crappy after taste in your mouth, it is smooth and is just a really nice rich flavor, its beatiful.

it really is a treat to drink a moretti beer when i get off work.

corona is the great suxor
zywiec polish is alright really bitter but wont give you a hang over or make you feel all bloated like mgd will.

if im on a budget miller lite is alright but really tastes like water and never really can get my crunk just because it is so light but if im going to eat a cheeseburger or some hot dogs on a nice summer day a cold miller lite is good.

nice thing about miller lite is its cheap MGD tastes terrible tho.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
In America I'll only drink Shiner (Blonde, Hefe, Classic) or Rolling Rock. There are a few that I dig from Dixie Brewing but I don't recall the specific brews other than Blackened Voodoo Lager. I'll drink Becks anywhere and love that stuff. As for the rest, anything that is a true domestic over in Europe, not that export crap that they sell in the states.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
oh where o' where do i start....

Paulauner (sp?) Heffeweizen is AMAZING beer! It has to be served out of a 1L bottle and be poured by an experience bartender (the pour is half of what makes the beer so great) into a chilled (but not frosted) glass.

Guiness is always a great go-to beer.

Tuecher is a nice german lager, a little heavy on the aftertaste, but goes down very smooth.

There's a local brewery near me called Weyerbacher and they make a great beer called Insanity. Its about 12% alcohol and aged in oak caskets. This stuff is amazing, very very thick and a sweet aftertaste to it. You can almost taste the oak in it. GREAT beer, but I can't drink more than 4-5 of them before I start to feel it.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yuengling (I don't know if I spelled it right)

Miller Lite.

That's all. I don't drink that much but when I do those are the two I shoot for. For Yuengling, I have to go to a whole other state cause I have never saw it in a store in WV.

·
That Iowa Guy
6,147 Posts
There's a little brewery up in Steven's Point, Wisconsin that makes some good stuff! If I remember it's called Point Beer, kinda fitting..can't wait till it's legal for me to drink all the stuff i do!

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
That's not even beer! I just feel so sorry for people that are into beer that never get teh opportunity to go overseas and have a genuine beer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Best beer I've had was Brains SA from Southern Wales, only brewed there, but I'm hoping that my homebrew clone comes out well. (hence, the avatar)

Second best was Guinness straight from the brewery in Dublin, St. James Gate is an amazing place, if anyone gets a chance to go over there, go for it.

Hm, I would have to say in general, british bitters, those are better then most beers I've had. But I will say that Grolsch is very good, and the french have a good light beer called Krononburg and a few good whit beers as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm a fan of Molson Dry myself (I hate beer aftertaste with a passion) though I've been known to drink Molson Cold Shots on occasion.

If I'm visiting the grandparents in Switzerland I'm into the Feldschlossen big time. The fact that they serve you beer from roughly noon til bedtime (or you fall over drunk, whichever comes first) has nothing to do with it [drinking]

NefCanuck

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
That's just it! I presume that you have only had an export Heiny....not even close to being authentic. I suppose I'm just fortunate to have made multiple trips to wham, bam, Amsterdam!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts