Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So because of a recent death in the family I will be receiving a Ford Focus 08 SES.
Im expecting to get about $1000-1200 for my current 01 focus SE. And I want to give the new one a bit more horsepower. Ive been reading a lot on this forum and still can't decide.

So what would you guys do given this budget. I already know to get an aftermarket intake. But what else? I really want to get the most bang for my buck. Also I have a lot of DIY experience.

Thanks in advance guys!!!
Pls don't skewer the noon question haha.

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
I think the best performance mod is a Tune and not just because I sell them , then with free NA tune updates it will enhance every other mod you add

Then intake and then header and Exh

Tom

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Figure it this way, for any decent power improvement you've got to move more air through - and the stock system can only adjust for a little difference.

Tune is a central part of any Mod. plan.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Chuckle

SlickWilly runs it regularly in a MkII, mostly at the track. One of the few who uses it without abusing it. (and the car)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the best performance mod is a Tune and not just because I sell them , then with free NA tune updates it will enhance every other mod you add

Then intake and then header and Exh

Tom
Figure it this way, for any decent power improvement you've got to move more air through - and the stock system can only adjust for a little difference.

Tune is a central part of any Mod. plan.
What is cheaper / more effective, going to a dyno for a performance tune or getting a tuner.

Also. Before i go all gung-ho. What should come first? Tuner or parts. Wont the performanc . Parts be used more efficiently after the tune?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You need a "tuner" (person) to do the tune you install with the flasher/scanner.

Dyno Tune isn't needed, Tom can remote worldwide. (Wideband O2 sensor needed for major changes to get best results)

No supercharger avail. for that '08 (at least not at that kind of price). We're not talking aerocharger (type of turbo) here.

A number were avail. for the zetec in your older Focus, different engine in '08!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts