Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well my tire tread was pretty low, I hit a pot hole and dented the rim pretty good. My question is should I get it repaired or but a new one. I found someone that would fix it for $80 and seen me ones on eBay for$150 What folk you guys think?

Attachments

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,086 Posts
Haha better buying new. That is terrible!

Sent from the top of a tree.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
That may JUST be in the inexpensive repairable range, a replacement used wheel would be better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here is my own SVT wheel carnage photo. Driving a bit quick at 4 in the morning on a back country road and as I crested the hill I ran over a 6x6 log. I hit so hard that the full pump cut.

As the others had advised, time to buy a new wheel and get an alignment.

I hope it works out for you because even after replacing damaged parts, getting all new wheels and tires, and an alignment it was never quite right again.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
HOLY CRAP!^^^

OP I have a set of 4-5 spokes. One's cracked , another has teeny bend, but still holds air, and the other 2 just have curb rash. They're backups.

Wish I was closer I'd hook you up.

I bet you could find a set local. Cheaper to buy 4 and maybe get a good set of tires too.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
You know?..by now you'd think I'd know better than to fall for the "rise of the zombie thread"...[headbang]

[drinking]

·
Registered
650 Posts
Response to post "Here is my own SVT wheel carnage photo. Driving a bit quick at 4 in the morning on a back country road and as I crested the hill I ran over a 6x6 log. I hit so hard that the full pump cut."

The tire itself held up well though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Response to post "Here is my own SVT wheel carnage photo. Driving a bit quick at 4 in the morning on a back country road and as I crested the hill I ran over a 6x6 log. I hit so hard that the full pump cut."

The tire itself held up well though.
Michelin pilot super sport tires are amazing. [wave]

·
Registered
237 Posts
They are awesome tires. I have noticed in rainy conditions that they seem to splash alot of water on the rotors thru the svt 5 spokes tho. Brakes don't engage right away when the pedal is pressed. Kinda scary the first time

·
Registered
106 Posts
They are awesome tires. I have noticed in rainy conditions that they seem to splash alot of water on the rotors thru the svt 5 spokes tho. Brakes don't engage right away when the pedal is pressed. Kinda scary the first time
Umm...Not sure how that can even happen since the wheel/tire fits around the rotor and flings water outward.

I've driven on good tires in the past and the pilot super sports are heads and shoulders above all of the others in every summer and wet driving condition. They are simply phenomenal.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
blinks.. i will say ive never seen folded rims that bad and ive had cars abused.. including one of my Windstars which (AHRRRRM) my late father lost control spun and slammed it into a curb (blinks) ford said rim and tire are fine and straight but tie rod, lower arm, both balljoints and shock was screwed and need to be replaced...

the only time i've wrecked a rim i needed the assistance of a transport truck during an accident to fold it back.
(Before anyone asks this wagon was in an accident caused by black ice and it slid straight into an oncoming transport which rolled it)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah I'm no tire expert. But I started having that issue right after purchasing those tires. So I googled it and I have read that the tires will pump the water to thi outside of the tread or to the channels and the water will bounce of the arches and make the surface of the rotors wet. I do know from experience, that the braking issues are only when I use that tire/ wheel combo as I have 11 spoke Ford racing rims with all seasons that don't cause any issues. It's night and day, really. I've just learned to deal with it for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts