Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back i bent a rim and front right strut. went out and bought the SVT suspension kit and had the rim balanced and stuck in back left. but its annoying as hell. anyone know of any good sites where i can get one?

Also, i have heard a little about the SVT headers...what good are they and where could i see into buying a used one if they meet my liking?

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I see people on this site saying all the time that they svt header is the better one of the bunch. As for finding one used, you are going to have to keep your eye on the For Sale sections of the boards and might want to put a post up in the Wanted To Buy area.

as far as a rim is concerned....which one are you looking for?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
03 5 spoke SVT rim.

And isnt there a website that sells only used SVT focus parts?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not really looking for brand new. i can take one with a little road rash, but i just HATE the dent in it!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got a quote on getting it fixed...$175. i thought it was a BIT outrageous so i laughed when i left the shop

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
lol, 3 of mine are bent. i hit a 4 inch deep pothole at around 35+ mph...didnt see it at all...needless to say, i hit it so hard, my car shut off completely, and came back on. not the radio, the whole friggin car.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn skippy! yeah...doin like 70 and hit a pothole. bent my rim and my front right strut lol. sucked royally

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i dunno about the bent rim, but the SVT header is the best one in the market. but note that you just cant add an SVT header to a regular zetec, i think you need a cat/off road pipe.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey gabe can you run the svt header with a cat? I think seanhylandfocus sells new svt rims for cheater than repair price. Don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think its the same price. sux. but i NEED a new rim cause around 35-50mph the car just shakes! freegin sux. but ya'll saying the SVT header is good to go? and i can get a cat delete pipe :D no emissions testing in FL

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used to get wobbly at 50-75 but that was becasue I needed new tires. You should also check tirerack.com for that svt wheel to see if they sell it cheaper.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
man i tried everywhere. its not like i cant afford a brand new rim...but it would look half way retarted having ONE rim lookin sexy while the other 3 with road rash lol. okay i think of the small things too much

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CarbonZX3 said:
Why not sand down the others and respray them to match the new rim?
haha. and i was thinking bout sanding them down and makin 'em all jet black w/ clear coat

know how hard that would be or no?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not hard at all. I'm sanding mine down and spraying them flat blach next week. Take ctop layer of paint, get um smooth as you want then mask them off and spray. Probably take a day to do it all.

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
ive got the svt header/orp/flex, i love it, its not loud, but you know its there, it really delivers at almost every rpm!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts