Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I was on my way hom and I was comming up to a red light. I saw a silver BMW probably late 90's weaving through traffic and got beside me at the light. I looked over to see if it was a M3 and was relieved that it wasn't. I think it was a 323. Anyways..The light turned green and I took off right even with him and shifted into second almost simotaniously. I was running dead even with him. I held 2nd out a little longer than him and was ahead by about 1/2 a fender at the shift to 3rd. Held the spot until we hit about 70. I was like [:D] the whole time. I gave a [thumb] and we went on our seperate ways. The guy must have been like WTF!!! I love the TQ that this ST has.

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Beemer, bimmer, beamer...dosn't matter...I shock him...that's the good thing.

I just looked up the specs on the 2000 323Ci...which looks like the one I ran.
Weighs in at a porky 3252 lbs.
170HP - 175 TQ 6 cylinder
0-60 in 7.1
top speed 128mph

Looks like i ran against a bad or below average driver.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Stephen is absolutely correct and lets not make that mistake again. Gosh some people have the nerve, ha it's just my BMW blood coming out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't give a hoot what the mags say or anyone else in here my car is faster than is should be and maybe your ST is too. Maybe it was made on a tuesday.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
MyBlackST said:
Beemer, bimmer, beamer...dosn't matter...I shock him...that's the good thing.

I just looked up the specs on the 2000 323Ci...which looks like the one I ran.
Weighs in at a porky 3252 lbs.
170HP - 175 TQ 6 cylinder
0-60 in 7.1
top speed 128mph

Looks like i ran against a bad or below average driver.
A bad or below average driver umm his car weighs like almost 800 pounds more than your car so that weight is what held him back and what got you the win.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I once beat a Porsche 928 from the stoplight in my incredibly gutless 100 hp Saturn SL. The guy missed second gear..lots of grinding..ha! It was pretty great for about 4 seconds, then it was like I was standing still or maybe even going backwards as I heard the high reving German machine overtake me, then become a blurry set of tail lights far off in the distance.

Never underestimate the bad driver factor. Or yeah, maybe all that plastic on the Saturn gave me the weight advantage.[;)]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
trixwagen said:
I once beat a Porsche 928 from the stoplight in my incredibly gutless 100 hp Saturn SL. The guy missed second gear..lots of grinding..ha! It was pretty great for about 4 seconds, then it was like I was standing still or maybe even going backwards as I heard the high reving German machine overtake me, then become a blurry set of tail lights far off in the distance.

Never underestimate the bad driver factor. Or yeah, maybe all that plastic on the Saturn gave me the weight advantage.[;)]
LOL!!![clap]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts