Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that some people have experienced benefits getting their cars flashed with the TSB updates for the DCTs to make them run smoother.

Is this something I need to worry about on delivery? How do I know I have the latest version?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good questions, I didn't think to find out any of this when I bought mine last month. FWIW I haven't had any weird feelings or issues in the 1100 miles we've put on so far.

·
Registered
307 Posts
You want to be up-to-date but like someone else said they may not fix it if it's not broken ...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know that some people have experienced benefits getting their cars flashed with the TSB updates for the DCTs to make them run smoother.

Is this something I need to worry about on delivery? How do I know I have the latest version?
If it's a 2014 or even a later build date 2013 I wouldn't worry about it.

The known issues with the DCT are almost all model year 2012. My experience was I bought my 2012 used. After owning it almost a year, around 40k miles I got the firmware update for the DCT which didn't help.

Got the latest clutch assembly installed a few days ago at 50k miles. Working great now, smooth shifts and even noticed getting slightly better mpg. Most likely attributed to the tire pressure and alignment being fixed and the smoother acceleration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
TSB's are for technical service bulletin... these are for technicians to reference and aid in diagnosing a problem, just because there is a service bulletin doesn't mean you automatically get a repair... you have to be experiencing the symptoms listed in the TSB before it can be performed

Im a service advisor for Ford so I get these questions all the time

·
Registered
138 Posts

There's nothing they can do, unless the symptoms start showing.
It's like Doctors - they can't give you drugs for whatever virus you have, unless you show the symptoms first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts