1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Its not as bad as before......hopefully it'll settle more for ya though.
This is exactly why I don't recommend the svt suspension to people.
Its a better suspension than stock, but still leaves too much wheel gap.

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
i have the SVT Suspension on my '07 and it sits quite a bit lower once it settles in. I'm happy with mine.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i can see the difference in the front. how does the ride feel now?

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
totally looks the same to me

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
SVT suspension on Pro-Kit springs IMO is about perfect. Another .5-.75in drop, maintain factory ride quality plus the drop isn't drastic enough to really affect the life of your shocks and struts. Mine last around 70K miles before they needed replaced.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I can tell, it's about half the gap is was before.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
SVT suspension on Pro-Kit springs IMO is about perfect. Another .5-.75in drop, maintain factory ride quality plus the drop isn't drastic enough to really affect the life of your shocks and struts. Mine last around 70K miles before they needed replaced.
I 100% agree with him....stock SVT dampers and Eibach pro springs feels pretty damn good.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looks good to me but Ive got an 07 also and my car sits a lot higher did you use the stock dampers my stock springs on the front look diff. than the svt ones I bought. how did you get the springs to fit. Are your stock focus dampers on svt springs with svt spring cups. or how did you get them to fit together?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Massive Speed's Omni-Kit made them work.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
I think you can tell the difference, but that's just me. Nice work!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Like BMXer said it looks to have about half as much gap as before. Looks good!

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I see the difference and think you will notice it drop a lil bit more once it settles. When I swapped out my springs, I drove it for a day or two and then noticed my car was sitting noticeably lower than the day I dropped it.

SVT springs are a modest upgrade. Sometimes I actually wish I kept them on my car, due to the road conditions here. They are definitely better if you are going to see a lot of dirt road action....a lil more forgiving. Enjoy the ride.

If I were to recommend anything, get some clear corners and paint that grill black. Cheap upgrades are very satisfying [thumb]

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
yeah, ill agree that it needs more of a drop but I remember the SVT suspension i put on my '01 and you must be happy about it anyway [thumb]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts