Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, thanks for reading my post. Anyways, I'm in the market for a turbo, i have been leaning toward the Roush kit. It seem to be the most popular and most effective. My question is wheather or not to hold off on the roush kit because as of this molement my ZX3 is completely stock. I don't know if i should upgrade the exhaust or other preformance things before the turbo kit. Is there a problem with bolting on that much power on a completely stock engine?

Also....

If anyone has recomendations on a turbo kit other then the roush kit please let me know. I'm looking for a kit that will give me the best preformance for the money it will cost. I guess you could say the best bang for my buck (cost vs. preformance).

If anyone knows anything please respond!

Thanks

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
i would be more concerned with the stock clutch.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
if my stage 2 dual friction took a dump while we were tuning her, im sure your stock clutch will not handle it, unless you never up the boost on the stock tune, even then it might slip.
good luck though

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
how much power in the end do u plan on producing? if it's not too much over 200 then you could consider just a 2 1/2" exhaust like borla, with an orp or high flo cat. definitely want a clutch. does anybody know if the roush kit comes with a new tb? if not, look for a new 65mm tb and maybe even the old style 2k manifold for better air flow. might want to look into an lsd too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts