Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry for not posting on this thread since I opened it. Have not brought to a dealer since I did see others posting about it with no resolution.

...and frankly, not that impressed with my dealer's service department since they totally blew my fuel pump recall. I can only imagine what they would tear apart trying to figure this one out.

It only happened the one time I took the video which was right after going through an automated carwash. It stopped about an hour later and has not done it since (that I have noticed).

My vehicle is a 14 Focus SE Hatchback with almost 15k miles on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just heard my '14 5-spd do this exact same thing today. I went out, unlocked it, opened the trunk and it started "beeping" like that a couple times. popped the hood, it did it once more and then stopped. Haven't heard it the rest of the day.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have the exact problem. Opened a case with ford...
I posted on this a couple of months ago. 14 hatch 5 spd. 11k miles same exact issue. Still happens once every month...
My 2014 HB does this as well and i have a video. It's random when it happens, and my fog lights will illuminate very dim and go off while it's making the noise sometimes...
Mine also doing it since bought...
I just heard my '14 5-spd do this exact same thing today...
Hello everyone,

I’m just touching base with you all again. If this symptom is intermittent, I recommend trying to video record it while it's happening. Once this is done, contact your dealer, set an appointment, and private message me. Be sure to PM your full name, VIN, dealer, mileage, and best daytime phone number. I'll check my resources at that time! [hihi]

Sorry for not posting on this thread since I opened it. Have not brought to a dealer since I did see others posting about it with no resolution...
Thanks for the update, Grecostimpy.

I’ll be happy to document your dealer experience. Please PM your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, details of your experience, and best daytime phone number. I’ll be happy to get this noted!

In the meantime, if the symptom returns please PM the info I requested above along with the instructions I provided to your fellow board members. [:)]

Tricia

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tricia,

Have you sent anything to Ford about this? It seems to really be hitting 2014's. Being very intermittent it will be hard to get it to do it on command at the dealer.
Can you confirm Ford is aware of the issue and is working on it? Or are they ignoring it waiting for us to start nagging dealers? I would hope they are sending out a notice that this is for real to the dealers. My dealer is so busy that I doubt they will put much effort into this. It would take them parking the car in a garage for a month and hope it occurs. Not going to happen. Someone at corporate needs to find the issue.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Tricia,

Have you sent anything to Ford about this? It seems to really be hitting 2014's. Being very intermittent it will be hard to get it to do it on command at the dealer...
old greybeard,

I can understand how this can be frustrating. I'll be happy to document your product feedback. Please PM your VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. This will help us keep track of customer concerns, and improve the customer experience.

Since this symptom is intermittent, I recommend trying to video record to it while it's happening. Once this is done, contact your dealer, set an appointment, and private message me. Please be sure to PM the information I requested above, and I'll be happy to check my resources at that time. [:)]

Tricia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine started doing the same thing it also cuts off in the middle of me driving I took it to the Ford dealership and they said that I have to replace my BCM the part code is JV6Z14A068c and that it will cost me $1,100 I don't have that type of money so now I'm trying to find out where I can buy cheap that part and then I can take it to the Ford dealership and get it put in and programmed

21 - 28 of 28 Posts