Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird thing happened today. I parked my car (2014 Hatch SE) and came outside about a half hour later and heard a beeping noise every 30 seconds or so. After pinning down that it was coming from my car, I lifted the hood and figured out it was coming from there.

It sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the car. I've never heard this before.

I did a search and saw a couple other people have had this issue, but nobody seems to have figured out what it was?

I had just returned from the car wash (I noted in another thread someone had just washed their car).

Here's a video:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Oh wow, that's bizarre. I have a 2014 HB and have never heard it make a noise like that before!

·
Registered
158 Posts
... What the heck is that?!

I also have a 2014 SE. And i literally washed out myself a few hours ago... =/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
mine does it all the time.

Reactions: 14rubyredfocus

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea, thanks.
I saw that and the stickies section, but doesn't look updated. Even the TSB listed above isn't there.
Some forums have a section that only 'list' the TSB and doc from Ford.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Weird thing happened today. I parked my car (2014 Hatch SE) and came outside about a half hour later and heard a beeping noise every 30 seconds or so...
mine does it all the time.
Hello guys,

I’ll be happy to look into available options to assist! What’s the mileage on your vehicles? Also, have you taken your rides to the dealer to get diagnosed? If not, please make an appointment here. [:)]

Tricia

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hello guys,

What’s the mileage on your vehicles? Also, did y’all get a chance to take your rides to the dealer to get diagnosed? If not, you can make an appointment here. I’ll be happy to look into available options to assist! [:)]

Tricia
I'm at 22,5xx and I've taken mine in and they couldn't replicate it so sent me on my way.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I'm at 22,5xx and I've taken mine in and they couldn't replicate it so sent me on my way.
Thanks for the reply, element4all.

If this symptom is intermittent, I recommend trying to video record it while it's happening. Once this is done, contact your dealer, set an appointment, and private message me. Be sure to PM your full name, VIN, dealer, mileage, and best daytime phone number. I'll check my resources at that time. [:)]

Tricia

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact problem. Opened a case with ford. The dealer isn't being very helpful because they cannot duplicate it. Been happening since 14k miles. Bought car brand new and my issues is getting worse.
I'm definitely following this.
Ford claims they've never heard of this issue.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I posted on this a couple of months ago. 14 hatch 5 spd. 11k miles same exact issue. Still happens once every month or so. Too random to bother taking into a dealer.
Ford needs to figure this out and let us know. Happening to too many of us for them to deny knowing anything about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is frustrating to have a brand new car and have this issue. Along with several others but this one is occurring a lot for me and they definitely just blow it off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My 2014 HB does this as well and i have a video. It's random when it happens, and my fog lights will illuminate very dim and go off while it's making the noise sometimes...

Mine started doing it at less than a month of owning it. Maybe had less than 1,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mine also doing it since bought. As the recall is only for the ST due to sound symposer, a component the regular Focus does not have, I find it very weird.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts