Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there.
In the last couple of weeks our Focus (2.0 Duratec) has developed a "beeping" sound when at idle. I replaced the serpentine tensioner, as the bearing was worn, but it's still there. The noise is evident only at idle and when engine reaches normal operating temp.
I used an engine stethoscope and it seems to be coming from the water pump? Has anyone had the same issue or another suggestion before I go out and buy a pump.
BTW: Model is 2008 Australian delivered 2.0 Duratec (Mazda 3 engine) Petrol. It has timing chain not belt

many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there.
In the last couple of weeks our Focus (2.0 Duratec) has developed a "beeping" sound when at idle. I replaced the serpentine tensioner, as the bearing was worn, but it's still there. The noise is evident only at idle and when engine reaches normal operating temp.
I used an engine stethoscope and it seems to be coming from the water pump? Has anyone had the same issue or another suggestion before I go out and buy a pump.
BTW: Model is 2008 Australian delivered 2.0 Duratec (Mazda 3 engine) Petrol. It has timing chain not belt

many thanks
Update: Was water pump. Bitch to remove as it almost pressed into the block.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts