Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well work interfered greatly with my life over the past year. 7 trips to South and East Africa, 2 to London, 1 ea. to Singapore and Korea, but it looks like that is all done for a while. Unfortunately I decided to get rid of the 2012 Focus Titanium, but fortunately I got to replace it with this.

2015 M3, alpine white, sakhir orange/black full leather, 7 spd. DCT, 19" wheels, executive package. When I called to get my insurance changed the agent said they didn't have this classed yet, I explained it was a 4 door sedan with a 6 cylinder engine and automatic transmission, but he said it probably wasn't the same as a Camry so they classed it as an M5. Amazingly my insurance only went up $219 a year.

This is how a DCT should work, it is absolutely the best transmission I have ever driven with. In comfort mode it's as smooth as a torque converter A/T, but in sport+ it snaps your head back on every shift. Over all the car leans toward the "sporty" side of ride quality, the only time we have had an issue so far was a little road trip through the 2 lane roads NW of Houston and we found a couple of short stretches where the tires really wanted to make some noise. It would have been unbearable for more than 10-15 minutes.

But I'm very happy with it, it's fast, some of the finest seats I've ever sat in, and useful as a daily driver and an autocross car. Maybe now I can keep up with those SVT's.

By the way, it's a 3.0 L straight six, twin turbo, 425 HP and 410 lb/ft of torque, 3550 pounds total weight, carbon fiber roof and lots of gadgets.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Definitely a beautiful car ... lol

And competition ... ?? No, a fellow Focus/BMW fanatic. ;)

After test driving the 235i, though, I want to trade to that one. :)

Ray

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Both cars are awesome, but I love the interior Sir! Looks very ride-able and like it would keep you pretty secure. Conventional seatbelts?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I'm going to have to get Raymond to give me a rear wheel drive driving lesson on the autox course next time I can make it out. I believe this will go a little different from my 2003 Focus ZX3.

Yep, conventional seatbelts, the good news is the seat back width is adjustable so even us old fat guys can get it just right.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm going to have to get Raymond to give me a rear wheel drive driving lesson on the autox course next time I can make it out. I believe this will go a little different from my 2003 Focus ZX3.

Yep, conventional seatbelts, the good news is the seat back width is adjustable so even us old fat guys can get it just right.
Naw man you just drive in reverse!! Same thing!! [;)]

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Haha ... sure.

I drove my BMW 2 times on an AutoX course ... fun, but don't want to get on it too much. Tires be expensive on 19s for the ride.

For AutoX ... I actually got to drive an FRS, BRZ and RX8 ... after driving those rear wheel cars ... the RX8 is a freaking awesome. The FRS and BRZ in stock mode are killers ... they will spin you around more ways than one is use to. Definitely need to upgrade suspension on those rides.

The BMW felt great in turns especially since the rear has a -1 camber setup already. BMW wants you to turn it easy. :) Plus our tires are super wide. 9.5-10 crazy.

Ray

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
welcome back and nice BMW...
*drools*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts