Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 ford focus with the 2.0L duratec engine, I am currently in the process of putting a 2.3L head onto this engine which fits no problem. I am then gong to fit my focus with a .48 ar turbo. The engine with all the changes I have made will be built for up to 600 horsepower. I did some researching and found out my manual mtx-75 trans only can hold up to 200 lbs of torque. This won't be enough for the power my engine will be pushing which I'm going to set up for 400 hp. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to beef up my transmission or a different transmission that could hold at least more horsepower then mine does now?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Get a lsd and a good clutch. im making 600whp thru mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh wow I didn't know that thanks a bunch you guys! Another question I have is about the axles?... I have heard that those can snap somewhat easy... Any way to reinforce them or are there stronger ones out there?..

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Oh wow I didn't know that thanks a bunch you guys! Another question I have is about the axles?... I have heard that those can snap somewhat easy... Any way to reinforce them or are there stronger ones out there?..
IDK who told you that but we have some pretty strong axles for cars. I wouldnt worry about upgrading, Ive been cutting consistant 1.7 60ft on slicks for a while now with no problems. BUt driveshaft shop does make some axles if you call them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow thats a relief then! Is there any problems at all I should be worried with my car when pushing a lot of hp?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
wow thats a relief then! Is there any problems at all I should be worried with my car when pushing a lot of hp?
clutch!!! ive got a comp stage 5 which is the highest single disk and it slips on my racegas tune. also anything can break, just be sure not to drop the clutch at the launch or things like that.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Its the stock rods that can't take nite than 200ftlbs also make sure if shaping the head your keeping the stock intake cam ir having custom made the older cams won't work in our cars
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a spec 4+ clutch, will that be sufficient? or should I get a higher grade?
and the head i have coming still has the stock intake, I have rods and pistons built for 800 hp on my ebay watch list those should be okay right? The pistons and rods are made for a 8.5:1 compression ratio also

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 4+ spec clutch now will that be sufficient for 450whp? i also have pistons and rods on my watchlist on ebay for up to 800 hp and an 8.5:1 compression ratio. That should be sufficient right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On ebay I have some pistons and rods made for 800hp those should hold up good right? and i have a spec 4+ clutch should that be okay for about 450 whp?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
clutch!!! ive got a comp stage 5 which is the highest single disk and it slips on my racegas tune. also anything can break, just be sure not to drop the clutch at the launch or things like that.
How do ytou like the clutch? which stage 5 did u get? did you get the one with or without springs? how much?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
How do ytou like the clutch? which stage 5 did u get? did you get the one with or without springs? how much?
got the one with springs and i cant say the price topspeed hooked it up tho. and i guess its good for about 450tq anything after that and it slips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts