Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to work the other day and I noticed a matrix change lanes behind me, so I was like ok I'll just speed up. I was doing 80, and I figured that it was just a matrix so I didnt need to bother downshifting, so I just stepped on the gas. Next thing I know he's next to me, then in front of me, and I'm just like "what the hell?", then I hit 108 and the governer kicked in. I noticed the matrix said XR (I think) and AWD on the back. I never knew this matrix existed. Anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Matrix XR 4wd

1.8-liter DOHC
16-valve VVT-i
4-cylinder
130 hp @ 6,000 rpm
125 lb.-ft. @ 4,200 rpm

and he was 4WD .... it means he was an heavy-weight....maybe he was supercharged [;)] [hihi]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
^^^^^^Agree! I think they are fugly, never have liked them. Look wise.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Matrixes have some potential. I think the Focus looks like a mini minivan. I also think it was an XRS. Turd engines & awd aren't very impressive at highway speeds.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. Haha, I like the matrix, but then again, I cant think of a car I dont like.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
wait a min.. that damn thing is AWD? no freakin way.. i seriously didnt know that.... damn

a guy that works in the hospital i know has one.. i offered to race him at the track.. glad i didnt actually go against him..

·
Registered
875 Posts
Assuming you have a PZEV, The XRS is the only one that *should* beat you, as the XR is sufficiently watered down.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I like the Matrix.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The AWD is optional on the XR model only, which has the Corrola engine, 130hp. The XRS is strictly FWD, 180 hp.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I like the looks of the matrix, drove one this summer.If I remeber right, standard was 130 h.p. and the S was 180, so an S might take you, though the awd will slow him down....TRY HARDER!!! next time..lol.I looked at buying one, about 200lbs heavier than my focus I think...I also think the mazda 3 is pretty trick ,too

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, he partly beat me cause I ran into my governer. And I'm positive it said AWD on the back, cause I didnt know they made an all wheel drive matrix. Oh well, cant win em all.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
fokuzsport said:
post whore[:D]
No. I just said that I like them. Is there anything wrong with that[:D]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.