Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, i beat a 5.0 the other night in my 03' svt focus. I was just out driving around and this car is like on my ass. We were both comming up on this light and it just turned red. The lane beside me was empty and he rode up next to me and was asking me if i wanted to race. I asked him if he was stock and he said yes, so i said sure lets go. Light went green and we both took off. He had too much wheel spin and was a little behind me from the start. By third i was pulling on him and he finally gave up. That was alot of fun [^]

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice kill man. The other night I raced an auto 5.0 with my PZEV. I took him through the first 2 gears like crazy and then he caught right up. Our gears on the PZEV seem soo long. Hopefully soon I'll be able to take him.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
That guy must have needed a serious engine overhaul... you shouldn't be able to touch a 5.0, especially in the higher gears.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
ok you only won because he doesnt know how to drive.. the guy is clearly retarded.. if you launch right you can keep your wheel spin to a minimuim....

i agree with bryan.. you shouldnt be able to touch a 5.0

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
at the track i don't beat 5.0s but u can hang only lose by like 3 tenths

A

·
0 Posts
That guy must have been messing with you, or really need aftermarket exhaust, or was a really bad driver.
5.0s arent heavy enough to affect their speed, inline. Mustangs are KNOWN to have traction problems. If they were heavy, they would not have traction problems.
About the only way that you can beat a 5.0 is if he has his governer connected. I can completely smoke my friend's 93 cobra with my zetec when he has it on. Any other time, forget about it.
My friend raced his svt against my other friend's 2002 6cyl mustang with CAI and Dual exhaust. They were dead even.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
sorry guys, mustangs are heavy, about 3200 to 3600 lbs, that is heavy, and weight always matters, that is why puny little 100 h.p. cars that weigh nothing can be fast, however, mustangs make loads of TORQUE some thing our cars don't make much of, a mustang would have killed him if he could have controlled his wheelspin, its a big problem, mine has problems with wheel spin all the time, ...Thats why I say try it , the guy may screw up his launch

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had it been me, I would have said yes then found a twisty road to show the 5.0 what the SVTF is all about.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
all that matters, is he beat it. kudos!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree I have played with a stang or two before and one I worked over hard. Why because he just sat and spun to long. Everyone knows that a Stang is fast and has power and Torque. But every once and a while the person behind the wheel cant drive. So If you beat him because of it then a win is a win. Done deal. So Great Kill I love hearing that a little focus killed a Mustang. lol [burnout] + Mustang = [wave]

·
Registered
110 Posts
One more thing normally by the time you are ready to hit 4th gear the 1/4 mile is pretty much done. So if the Mustang has to play catch up you have a chance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.