Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know that I had a bad experience with Focussalvage where I ordered a part through the website, never received it, never got my money back and no response to repeated emails. This is more than two months now.
I word of advice: never order from the website unless you get in some type of communication with Focussalvage to make sure you will get the part...and then just pray you will get it.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
hmmm... sorry bout your bad experiance...

this is the first negative comment i have heard about focussalvage. i have heard nothing but good before....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might be one of the few lucky custormers where the parts might have been in stock. I seriously doubt the website database is being kept updated and what is offered on the website does not reflect what's in inventory.
In my case I got no part and no refund.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
dude.......your first post you come on here and talk garbage. jeremy is a great guy and your comment really pisses me off. when my window regulator broke (thing that makes your window go up and down), i tried lots of places like junkyards and the such. the cheapest i found was $125 for a used one. i contacted jeremy and he said $50 plus shipping. he sent me a paypal request for only $50 (i guess he paid shipping.) he saved me $75 plus shipping over the next competitor and i got it in a timely manner. give it time and keep trying to contact him. dont come on here newbie and talk about respected people on this online community.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
mlowery said:
dude.......your first post you come on here and talk garbage. jeremy is a great guy and your comment really pisses me off. when my window regulator broke (thing that makes your window go up and down), i tried lots of places like junkyards and the such. the cheapest i found was $125 for a used one. i contacted jeremy and he said $50 plus shipping. he sent me a paypal request for only $50 (i guess he paid shipping.) he saved me $75 plus shipping over the next competitor and i got it in a timely manner. give it time and keep trying to contact him. dont come on here newbie and talk about respected people on this online community.
heh, same part broke on my car. it took a little bit to get it but it came and was a lot cheaper than anywhere else i found it.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
well i had an ok experience. i tried ordering through his site and a week went by and nothing. i tried emailing and pming him and still nothin, so i made a thread and finally he replied. well after about 3 1/2 weeks i finally got my item. i know people get busy but ya gotta remember their are other customers. after all that though, id prob. still do business cause he handled it.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Aris said:
You might be one of the few lucky custormers where the parts might have been in stock.
now your just starting to come across like an a$$. you had one bad experiance, which i am sure can be easily resolved... and suddenly only a "few lucky customers" get the parts they pay for? sorry bout your bad experiance but dont flap your jaw about something you no nothing about.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
well.....i live really close so that would explain why mine got here really fast. talk to him in advance, i am sure he does get busy with other things. i talked to him and got his phone # before i ordered in case something happened. i didnt hear from him and called him, he answered and told me he sent it out the day before and sure enough it came the next day. all in all, only took like 3-4 days. you have to be on top of your game too, you cant just say you want this and sit back and make them do all the work.....if you want something for cheap and somebody is offering a service where you will benefit, then put forth some effort and sit back later and reap the benefits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"dude.......your first post you come on here and talk garbage"

Hey, dude, why do you think my talk is garbage?
I think I was a bit conservative in my comments and did give the company the benefit of the doubt. I did say to contact them first before buying.
Is it garbage to say that I ordered two months ago and got hosed? Should I praise the company for hosing me? What would you do in my case?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Agreed with crazy_urn

People do not get good reputation by having "few lucky customers"

I am sorry for your problems.. and if I knew how I would try o help, but it seems this is not a very good way to start your Forum career..

btw how about you give us details with your bashings:
- what did you order? when? how did you pay? when did it go through? any communication? when? what was said? ...

I know sometimes we just post to vent, but forums are here to help.. gove us something to work with, and we can see what is left fo you to do , to try... FocusSalvage is a single person and as unfortunately, one cannot expect Amazon kind of service from them... although 2 months is somewhat long time.

Give us info and we will try to help

Igor

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
first i would quit whining and talking crap.....his PMs may be full. go to his profile and get his e-mail, try that. i can see if i still have his e-mail. you should have come here and asked if anybody knew a way to contact his. he is a big part of this community and lots of people know him and probably have his contact info. so, yeah, i think i would have just stopped whining.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
2 months is a pretty lengthy time. Isn't the focussalvage guy on here somewhere? Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get a hold of him whether or not he was on here or not though, but you never know...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys,

Within minutes this post is getting ready to explode...
I'm not trying to bash anyone and I'm not whining. The purchase was small so I don't really care If I get my money back or not. The reason for my post is to warn everyone before ordering blindly from the website.
There is always the beggining of everything. The company might have had a good start with prompt shippments but you never know what might have happened. When was the last time any one of you guys ordered someething from FS?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Aris.. please respond to my post.. you are the newbie tryingto shake things up.. people will not listen to you because of one bad experience.... especially not your bussiness assessment of a long standing company.. I understand you are upset, but please approach this from problem solving perspective of this forum will eat you alive... Online communities are protective of their sponsors/ resident suppliers and FocusSalvage is one of them.. they are no Amazon.. and sometimes orders do fall off their radar.. but that is why you need to start seeking solutions and not just keep repeating they are bankrupt or something...

I was a newbie once myself, and tried to shake things up as well.. I learned. .there is a way to do it.. and yours is not it.

Igor

·
Registered
491 Posts
Aris, [screwy]

You say you don't think their parts list is being updated. To update you, they just listed all their parts last week.

You should really search on Focus Fanatics forums, and see no one has complained about Focus Salvage before.

You sound like a complete idiot.[screwy]

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Maybe the newbie post should have read like this......

(newbie voice) Hi guys, I'm new here I wanted to know if you could help me out with a little problem I'm having with a vendor on here I ordered some parts from and haven't recieved From Focussalvage it's been two months and I'm a little concerned, Can You guys help me ??
(/newbie voice)

Maybe you should use a little cooth when you post on your first post, Usualy people introduce themselves first...

Troy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Igor,

I can see that I've already being eaten alive. The fact that my profile shows only one post is wrong since I've posted before. Being a rookie is not realy a reason for not taking anybody seriously.
As far as Focussalvage I hope I'm wrong and the company is still serious about its business.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts