Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been going back and forth buying these coilovers. More specifically the br series. I have not seen any writeups lately so I decided to do my own. I finally pulled the trigger and committed to buying them. When I got then they look great by design. No instructions, so I wouldn't recommend this for someone who doesn't know much about installing suspension components. I work for a ford dealership here in town and had more than enough tools to do the job properly. That being said an alignment will need to be done. I like the adjustability of these coilovers. The only real draw back was the camber plate adjustment bolts are under the strut tower and can not be adjusted, so you either will have to modify the tower itself or remove the coilover, adjust, reinstall and see what the specs are at. Luckily mine were fine right out of the box. These coilovers can be set very stiff or soft, also the ride height is adjustable independent of the spring rate which is nice. I personally did not slam my car because of where I live, the streets are not forgiving and pot holes riddle the streets. I did lower the front a little and the rear a considerable amount. It does get rid of the fender gap in the rear. I would recommend expecting new hardware and possibly bushings due to age of the old ones. I ran into that problem myself. On another note the rear coilovers are compatible with my steeda upper control arms which is nice. No clearance issues, and overall no nvh issues. That being said with the price just under a grand it's worth it. They are rebuildable as well which is nice. Enough talk I will post some pics to show the before and after. I did not get any pics of the install process, sorry guys. It's pretty straight forward. The last two pics are prior to the coilover installation. I would recommend this product, I noticed a huge difference over stock, this this has now become glued to the road. Any questions about it, feel free to ask, hope you enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it's still a work in progress.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Question how did you hear about the BC coilover set up.
The BC's are a big set up from the Megan's which come out of the same factory in Taiwan vs the cheap D2/ Ksport out of Korea....IIRC the BC's give you a choice of either pillow balls or rubber mounts. I see the H&R's are non adjustable Bilsteins....Waiting to hear what a buddy of mine says about his K/W's. Curios what other c/o's do you look at?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you have a link for more info & to retrieve a part# to order?

PLUS, I see Wyoming has new 2018 style plates....Cool!

..............................................................................................

Found/discovered Wyoming will let you order customized sample plates w/ up to 9 letters!!!

Great for the garage, car-shows, kid's bedrooms...

Fill out the form & pay 'em $7 for each plate, Can't go wrong!

http://www.dot.state.wy.us/files/live/sites/wydot/files/shared/Motor%20Vehicle%20Services/2017%20MV-150%20Sample%20%26%20Novelty%20App.pdf

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Do you have a link for more info & to retrieve a part# to order?

PLUS, I see Wyoming has new 2018 style plates....Cool!

..............................................................................................

Found/discovered Wyoming will let you order customized sample plates w/ up to 9 letters!!!

Great for the garage, car-shows, kid's bedrooms...

Fill out the form & pay 'em $7 for each plate, Can't go wrong!

http://www.dot.state.wy.us/files/live/sites/wydot/files/shared/Motor%20Vehicle%20Services/2017%20MV-150%20Sample%20%26%20Novelty%20App.pdf
http://tirerack.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
the camber plate adjustment hidden behind the shock mount is kind of a bummer. I was interested in a direct bolt on type of coilover for the SVT.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
If your looking for the absolute best camber adjustment= CFM's A-arms......c-f-m.com

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been on the BC BRs for two years now and still living them. Do yourself a favor though, pull it inside and mess with the locking collars a few times a year. Otherwise they seize horribly=knuckles dusted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts