Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Tom, I think I finally figured out what I'm going to do. I have my head milled @ .035" I am going to slap the svt HG on it next weekend, so I should be right around back to stock compression on the zetec right? Therefore, I would be good for the BBK w/ no issues right??? I will have a net gain of the head @ .02" over, but is that a big deal?? My CR will be below 10.0:1. If you have any thoughts, please let me know. I will also be calling you w/in the next month to get my tune!!!

Thanks Tom,
Brad

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
????

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
With a good tune, you should be fine. Just watch the Itake temps with it and you"ll be fine. Of course, I bow to Tom's professional opinion on this one, but I think if you get a good tune with enough fuel in it you should be okay.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to use it on my FR head that was decked .050" but I was told I would break a rod due to too high of compression, w/ this, I will only be at about .020" over, so I'm hoping that will be safe!!

·
FF Affiliate
30,926 Posts
If im thinking right this AM the ZX3 is .019 and the SVT is .032 ??? allways need to look at this stuff to be sure but if that is correct then a .035 will still leave you with a .023 cut on the head

If you contact cometic and tell them you want a HG that is stock + .035 they will make one for you

I would try to get the compression slightly lower then 10-1

Tom

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
svt .041"
zetec .027"

These were the numbers I found, so that would leave a .021" cut on the head. I would think that would leave me below 10.0:1, but I am not sure.

Also, if the stock zetec HG is .019" and the svt is .041", then I would be sittin real pretty, I guess I can call ford and find out directly too.

but if it is .019" and .041", would that be safe?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts