Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a BBK 66MM throttle body this week or next. I noticed that in the pictures it does not show a groove to put the gasket in. Is there a certain gasket I need to get, or do I just use high temp silicone/gasket maker? Also the reason why I am looking at this over the CFM piece is that someone posted that if you make an offer to the seller on ebay, they will sell it to you for $200 which is a steal if everything works great.

http://www.bbkperformance.com/products/2002-2004-ford-focus-svt-66mm-throttle-body.html

·
Registered
220 Posts
Also the reason why I am looking at this over the CFM piece is that someone posted that if you make an offer to the seller on ebay, they will sell it to you for $200 which is a steal if everything works great.
Nope, that's old information, $238.21 is as low as they went when I offered $200

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone has used the BBK 66mm throttle body on a 2003 focus ZX-5 (or the likes). If so, please let me know your thoughts on performance. Also do I need any additional parts to have the tb installed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone has used the BBK 66mm throttle body on a 2003 focus ZX-5 (or the likes). If so, please let me know your thoughts on performance. Also do I need any additional parts to have the tb installed?

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Mostly only changes the throttle response.

This is only for the SVT version. Do you have the SVT or a Zetec or SPI? your info just says 2003 ZX-5.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the Zetec. Does that mean I need to have some work done to adapt the throttle body?? If so, what exactly do I need to do??
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it...

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
It means you need to get a Zetec TB and not this one...

No work is needed, you need the right one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It means you need to get a Zetec TB and not this one...

No work is needed, you need the right one.
Thanks Magus, you saved me a hiccup with my installer. I have a whole package that I am going to have installed at the same time. I now ordered the proper Zetec throttle body; 65mm from CFM. I will have to send the BBK 66mm SVT throttle body back to BBK. Anyway, I would much rather do that than be held up during the install...
Thanks again bro!!!

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
No problem.

The only thing ry common between the SVT Engine and the Zetec engine is the block. So almost anything that attaches to the head or transmission is different.

Watch what you are looking at is Zetec Or SVT specific.

Reactions: Byron King
1 - 10 of 10 Posts