1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats on the PW. When are you going to have it up and running? What kind of numbers you think your going to push out?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ben I'm pretty pumped to get it on and will be doing it over thanksgiving break your always welcome to stop by and check it out anytime. I will be running the stock pulley setup on a bone stock motor over the winter so I'd say maybe 190ish. When spring rolls around I'm going to try to get it up to that 280-290ish range where it maxes out. Now there are 3 SC'd foci downriver that I know of.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Might want to try just finding some gasket material and cutting your own? Do you have the original gasket to use as a pattern?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true sleestak it wouldn't be hard to make one even though I do not have the original gasket. Just wanted to know if anyone knew someone who sold this exact throttle body gasket before i resorted to that. I know the FC unit looks completely different as it had 3 butterfly bypass holes while the BBK only has 1.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
cfm sells em for like 10 bucks shipped

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just call or email BBK....

they should have gaskets available for replacements

or worst case try the FC style from CFM

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think I know that other guy you're talking about? He has a gray focus with the powerworks kit on it? Has the focaljet sticker on it with black wheels? Looked real nice. Cool dude.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Screw buying a gasket, just go out and get ATV hi-temp silicone, and trace the TB or the IM side, and there you go. make sure you get the hi-temp one.. it make a differents

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
BBK does in fact have the gasket even though they do not list it on their site. For anyone who needs one of these in the future they gave me the part # GSK062 that should make ordering easier

Update: Got quoted at $5.95 plus shipping, charged $15.95 $10 to ship a gasket seems rediculous

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
it does my friend! could have just bought a tube of hi-temp silicon, and make your own, takes less then 5 min to outline the TB let it drie for about 15 to 20 min and then install..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes that is definatly the way to go I'm glad I got the exact part because there is no question it will not leak but if I ever need a new one I certainly would make my own just a heads up for anyone who reads this thread in the future.

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
i had the bbk tb on my last focus and the stock gasket leaked even when new so i wound up doing what toeycrack suggested and used rtv!
i havent seen you around much you should come to some of our michigan meets i'd love to see a pw'd fofo!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I'm always down for a get together and I'm pumped to get the PW kit on soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts