Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have there battery relocated ontop of the Stock Airbox / Transmission mount. If so, does anyone have any pictures or have seen any pictures. I think it would look ALOT cleaner. But am unsure of what material etc on how to do this.

[poke][slap]

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
i know somebody that have it the trunk..... lol[drummer]

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
[B)]lol...
no seriously...
if i can ill post some pictures... its crazy...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

See where battery is, what is needed to up to the stock intake location about 6 inchs up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you wanted to do something quick you could cut out the bottom of the stock air box for the mounting pegs attach it to the bottom of you battery tray. Not sure about clearances seeing as how i just thought of this on the fly. You just have to think of a battery hold down if stock didn't work but there are many aftermarket options out there. Also a way to bolt the box to something but that should be easy to.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
^^ You're right about clearances possibly being a problem.

I can't say I've ever seen a battery relocated to that position. Looks like there may not be enough room for a standard battery, but I bet you could fab something up to mount a much smaller dry cell battery?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Personally I would say your best bet would be to relocate the battery to the trunk it opens up alot of space to work with under the hood! they sell a decent kits at summit for a relocation, it has a box and the cables, the cable ends and vent tubes for the box in the back

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am able to sit the battery in that spot, it would fit better if I cut the stock mounting bracket. But the battery will sit down in there I tried earlier. Only downfall to the trunk is I have a 2 year old, and require a stroller in the my trunk from time to time.. This is my dd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts