Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Im new here, but i am really enjoying the first day. I have an issue with my 2001 ZX3. When i bought it, i think the left front was crashed. And i couple of things are displaced. I have been fixing things all the time and its time to take care of the battery now. Today while opening the battery i saw it was dislocated , it was held with a couple of wires. I want to fix it , maybe create any platform, thats going to be more safe than the wires. But i have now clue how it was before the crash. Can anybody please send me a photo of the battery under the trunk, and if anyone has any photo with the battery removed, just to see its original place, will be very helpful. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
The battery was originally mounted up in the engine compartment. Driver side front. If its in the back under the trunk, some one moved it there. Did you buy from a private party or dealer ?

·
Registered
520 Posts
iroc34 is right. infront of driver under hood not trunk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it was under the hood. But the problem was where it was positioned exactly, i mean what was underneath etc etc. but today i fixed it, i did a metal cage, and fixed it pretty well. i dont know but the OBD light also went off. is it possible for the OBD to relate iwth the battery. i know thats just the engine and the exhaust right?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Oh, ok you mean under the hood. I think some were positioned up front , and others in the rear , over the trans mount. Depended on which engine you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts