Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few days ago i was changing the little latch that opens the hood. ever since then my battery light has been on. i replaced the alternator and my battery is good, even tested it, starter is good. basically everything is good just the light is on i accedennaly rubbed one of the wires from underneath the car where the fuses are into a metal plate and it made a litle spark and my light has been on since. any one have any ideas what the problem could be and how i can fix it?

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
a few days ago i was changing the little latch that opens the hood. ever since then my battery light has been on. i replaced the alternator and my battery is good, even tested it, starter is good. basically everything is good just the light is on i accedennaly rubbed one of the wires from underneath the car where the fuses are into a metal plate and it made a litle spark and my light has been on since. any one have any ideas what the problem could be and how i can fix it?
Well, I would start with the wire that you clearly fried.

·
Registered
175 Posts
then check for common probs if its still on vacuum lines etc. i had this prob a while back and the charge system test said everything was good, turned out to be a disconnected vacuum line. if its running fine and everything and none of this is the prob reset the light and if it comes on again go to a shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How in the world does a battery light indicate a vacuum line problem? Most of the time, the OBDII system won't even indicate a vacuum problem, unless it's with the control solenoid.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Vaccuum lines have been known to throw a few different CEL code, like lean banks and things like that. I haven't seen the battery light come on for it, though.

Nothing is impossible in a Ford, though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
ya my battery light was coming on at stoplights and my car was almost stalling a while back. and the only thing wrong was a vaccuum line came off. i put it back on and the stalling and light went away. Weird i know.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Ah, the vaccuum leak was killing the idle.

No idle means no revs to keep the alternator charging.

No charge means the battery light kicks on.

Another mystery solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts