Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i had a 600w amp before and now ive got a 970w and i bought a new battery for it , ran good with the old amp, once i bought the new amp it still ran good, but then i tuned the amp up and now my car wont start, i unplugged the battery and took it to autozone to get checked, it said it was ok , so what im thinking is that tuning the amp up made me not be able to run the car well, i had to get it jump started a couple times, i really dont know how to fix this issue, the reason for buying a new amp was to have more bump, will a capacitator fix that problem or not, because i really dont know what a capacitaor is good for, and ive only seen it on vehicles that have lots of power to their amp, i dont have much power, but still, would it help any, or is there any other way to fix it so that i have lots of bump from my amp and subs?

·
Registered
308 Posts
your alternator probably isn't havin' it. upgrade your alternator wire, ground wire for your amp and the battery wire for your amp. as fat as you can find. most people find this to be far more effective than getting a capacitor. just make sure your cables can handle the power your system is drawing. when you tuned your amp you probably boosted the gain a bit which made it need just enough juice to bitchslap your battery when trying to start up. someone please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. i've never actually done the above, it's just what i've read [:D]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts