Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Ford Focus and my car battery dies over night. It jump starts right up. We did an alternator test, took out fuses for the radio thinking it was that. Does anyone know what else this could be?

·
Registered
16,029 Posts
It does little good to mention an alt test with no result given.

Beyond that bad battery (consider the age) or battery is running down due to something in car staying on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does little good to mention an alt test with no result given.

Beyond that bad battery (consider the age) or battery is running down due to something in car staying on.
Alternator test was normal range and this would be my second battery I bought. I thought it was my battery at first I had warranty through Napa and brought my first one in and they said it was a good battery just needed charged. So battery and alternator seem to be good.

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,421 Posts
Assuming you have nothing plugged into the power port, you should probably disconnect the negative battery lead and connect a multi-meter set to Amps between the neg terminal and the disconnected lead. See what the current reading is initially, and then after 30 minutes (leave the meter connected during this time). Post back here after getting those readings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing, everything was fine except the battery it was the original and ide expect it to start going ... The battery had a ton of corrosion around negative... I replaced my battery ( a pain in the butt) and now its perfectly fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts