Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states...battery was dead as a doornail this morning. Autozone and Advanced Auto both have Motorcraft as the "only" battery that'll fit.

Walmart has their typically sh**ty Everstart...

I need this today so I'll settle for whatever works best. Anyone use any of said batteries as a replacement? I'm assuming that Motorcraft is what we probably have factory. Also, do any other battery sizes fit and it's just BSing me?

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Shaking head sadly on this one............going to spare everybody else.

Just buy a battery and be done with it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
"Autozone and Advanced Auto both have Motorcraft as the only battery that'll fit."

Say what? Not sure where you're seeing that, but their non-Moto batteries fit. I got my Autocraft Gold from Advanced. Also, Walmart's batteries aren't shyte.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Be careful with that, I am running a 3 year Walmart one now with 10 years on it. Had one before that went to 11.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
As the title states...battery was dead as a doornail this morning. Autozone and Advanced Auto both have Motorcraft as the "only" battery that'll fit.

I need this today so I'll settle for whatever works best. Anyone use any of said batteries as a replacement? I'm assuming that Motorcraft is what we probably have factory. Also, do any other battery sizes fit and it's just BSing me?
It would so helpful to know what year/model/engine/trans Focus you have.

And I have had very good service from Walmart Everstart batteries.

Paul

·
Registered
899 Posts
Most batteries are made by Johnson controls. With that said battery quality can still very a lot. Johnson controls makes them to the quality the company that is buying them wants.
The only issue with Walmart batteries is they work one day and then they don't. This has happened to me a few times with their batteries. They also have the worst customer service when it comes to warranty issues. They are not bad batteries I would just have some jumper cables with me once it gets past 3 years old. I just replaced the battery in my wife's car, a Walmart battery that was 3 years old it shorted out in the inside and you couldn't even use a battery tester on it. I went with a AGM battery from O'Reilly's.

This guy below has the best YouTube channel ever. He buys everything himself no sponsorships no endorsements just honesty.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts

I have a Duralast Gold from AZ in my 2002 ZTS. It's fine.

·
Registered
111 Posts

If you have a 1.0l with stop/start, that vehicle does take an AGM type battery which has more cranking capacity than the battery provided with the 2.0l engine. The selection available in the aftermarket for this type of battery in my area is pretty limited. The Motorcraft offering at my dealer turned out to be a pretty fair deal vs. buying it somewhere else and installing it myself, especially since getting the battery in and out is not easy in the Mk.3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 5 cars, with Wall-Mart batteries in each. No problem with Wisconsin winters. much cheaper than Interstate, Die-Hard, Motorcraft.. Last 5 years.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Shop for a good deal and just be done with it. Got my Bosch with a rebate from Pep Boys, online offer, free install at store. Was cheaper than Walmart. 5.5 years now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts