Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving car and this beast just shut off! I checked battery (about two years old) at 12.7 volts.

Hazard light work.

Keyless entry FOB works great.

But car will not start whatsoever. There are no dash lights. Key inserts fine and can rotates through all positions.

I've also tried our spare key with no luck.

I've also checked the PATS 7.5A fuse and it's good.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Check the wires for + on the battery, make sure they are not corded and no breaks in them. Also as a double measure, check the - wires to... I'm betting the problem resides with one of the positive wires. I had this exact problem a few months ago... except I don't have keyless entry. with about 10 mins of work and a beer She was up and running. [;)]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No such luck... I double checked voltage a wire condition. I cleaned off any dirt and grime and reattached cables.

Still won't even attempt to start. No dash lights or anything.

Hazard lights still work great. I even have 12v going to car stereo. Hmm...

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
With key On, do you see your odometer mileage or do you see dashes --------?

If dashes, you likely have some bad wiring; check health of cables at and around the battery terminals and the battery negative cable-> to -> chassis ground. PCM power diode, if bad, causes dashes. PCM diode is located in battery junction fuse box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also get battery load tested at Walmart or similar...just because voltmeter shows 12.7V doesn't mean battery is good enough to start...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Fuses?

Have you checked the under hood box ones?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts