Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, the sticker on the side of the battery is when it was made?? Mine says 11/05....how long do batteries usually last??

Secondly, Im looking for a high performance battery that will handle my amp to the fullest without problems...

Im thinking of getting a new battery because recently since I got my new amp, my battery light comes on when im driving and once I shift the light turns off....weird...

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
wierd about the light. but most people will agree with me and tell you to purchase an Optima brand battery. im thinking you will want the "red top"

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
For your needs?

Optima. Yellow Top.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much do those go for? also the sticker on the side of the battery tells me its expiration date or the date it was made???

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the difference between red top and yellow top?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Go check out

http://www.optimabatteries.com

The Yellow Top is what I have.. its for deep power cycling.. I run a LOT of GLOW, and will be upgrading my soundsystem too. The only battery I will ever need or use. WOrks great.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx sounds good....will get one of those for sure...i wonder if pep boys or autozone carry those....

crazymatt...how does a regular battery usually last...and what does the date on the sticker mean?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wonder if my battery really needs to be replaced...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Screw Optima. Theyre too heavy and you can get a Hawker Genesis for less. The Hawker Genesis is 13.5 lbs. for $69. LOL I have had my Hawker for almost 2 years and no troubles at all. They say expect up tp 8 years of life out of these.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
My buddy at work has a pretty big system in his Accord and only running onof these as i am and has had no problems at all also. I can get your the address from work in the morning so you can contact them directly and save a ton of money. These batteries are the same ones that DynaBat sells, they just place their labels on the batteries. This will allow you to buy direct. They even gave a couple mounts for these smaller battreies. The site is called Portable Power Systems if you can find that.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I've had good experiences with Optima. My Taurus wagon has one, as does the Porsche, and the trucks have them too. Three YellowTops each, to run the lights. I want one for my Focus, I'm thinking a RedTop, cuz I dont plan on having a big system.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
RIght now I am running:

Exterior:
Streetglow 7-Color LED Wheel Well Kit
Streetglow 7-Color LED Underbody Kit
Streetglow Headlight Strobe
LED Light Rider Bar

Interior:
Kenwood HU
Streetglow 10" Neon (2 tubes)
Streetglow 9" Neon (4 tubes)
Streetglow LEDs (2 behind each vent)
LED Dome Light
LED Switchpanel (mounted in ashtray)

And I haven't had any problems with my Yellow Top.

Lots more to come, too.. hehe..

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Wow Matt, i bet you light up the streets dont you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts