Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just grabbed a 1st place at a rally cross in my buddies zx3, first rally cross I have done in a year, so it was fun to get out there and hon!

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Did it again, ran my stage zx3 in the SCCA national rally cross challenge and pretty much crush the mod fwd class, my margin of victory was 17 seconds. Really happy with how well the zx3 works on a tight and techy course, these zx3 are a hoot

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just finished Idaho rally, 71 secs off of third place in nationals open 2wd behind a supercharged BRZ. So we grabbed 4th place and on day 2 regionals a 3rd place in 2wd. Lots of suspension work has been done. Cut out the front strut towers and fabbed in new sheet metal to hold STI Group N top hats, had streetwise motorsports make me some subi focus hybrid 46mm front struts. I also built a new 1/4 aluminum skid plate and a roll bar hoop to carry the radiator, this thing is getting stout. Up next is fabbing a aluminum dash that has quick releases, and mounting all the aem gauges and switches.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Working on installing a Mazda 3 alternator in the a.c. location. This also me to use the m3 tensioner pulley in place if the factory power steering pump. It also deletes two idlers and frees up space for a future turbo install

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just finished installing a spec stage 2+ clutch kit.. I will report back my opinion. I'm sure it will be fine. Im running a spec kevlar kit in my 89 mirage turbo hatch back and its great

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Test day went great, Currently running fiesta hubs, fiesta st brakes and rotors on the front to get away from the terrible pinch clamp hubs. Finally no broken bits

·
Focalize!!!
3,890 Posts
Test day went great, Currently running fiesta hubs, fiesta st brakes and rotors on the front to get away from the terrible pinch clamp hubs. Finally no broken bits
How did you go about swapping everything over to the mk1?!?!?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Here's a few pocs6

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Its doable. Lots of parts swapping and some machinig

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Here's a pic of my modified strut towers. I converted over to Subaru group n top hats. I broke more stock hats than I can count

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Neat. Stock ones didn't work at all?

Nope I would crack new name brand top hats on stage. Hit a ditch or a large hole and they would let loose. Top hats would then drop out of the strut and destroy my shock. I had to rebuild my front shocks three times due to the factory top hats. Zero top hat failures after switching to subi hats

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Finished 100 acre woods rally two weeks ago, we didn't get the points we wanted, but we finished. The car snapped the tbody on stage 3, and left us stranded for 30 minutes. I was smart enough to have brought my laptop and was able to reprogram the ecu to limit at 3000 rpm. So we finished that stage and the next two at 3k. Which pushed us to the back of the class.

Back in service I was lucky enough to have brought a spare stock t body, and we were back in business, unfortunately the time deficit was too great, but we finished and learn a lot. Up next is installing a close ratio 3,4,5 gear set to get some much needed speed.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Build looks great, and the fiesta parts swap was a terrific idea for improvements. The gearbox ratio,M factory? Courios how it turns out

·
Registered
152 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Here is a picture from the special stage at Olympus Rally last week

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
We finished all the stages at Olympus and pushed hard on day 2. ( we caught and passed 3 cars on day1). Unfortunately the day 1 hold ups keep us off the national podium. We finished exactly 2.0 seconds off of 3rd place after 2 days and 130 miles of racing on stage. The car is finally coming together and working so much better than last year We installed the mfactory 3 4 5 close ratio gears and are still using the ford racing 4.06 f.d . I was able to hit a top speed of 95 mph stage, at 100 acre woods we only hit 84 mph. So the gearing is a tremendous help.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
We finished all the stages at Olympus and pushed hard on day 2. ( we caught and passed 3 cars on day1). Unfortunately the day 1 hold ups keep us off the national podium. We finished exactly 2.0 seconds off of 3rd place after 2 days and 130 miles of racing on stage. The car is finally coming together and working so much better than last year We installed the mfactory 3 4 5 close ratio gears and are still using the ford racing 4.06 f.d . I was able to hit a top speed of 95 mph stage, at 100 acre woods we only hit 84 mph. So the gearing is a tremendous help.
Congrats!

Saw the results here:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/4e0082_d382f69f6ef6466391a7efdcda9337c7.pdf

41 - 60 of 76 Posts