Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The first wilwood was a bust, it appears the answer is to use a radial mount caliper and machine up the bracket. That's going to be a month out. Currently i hsve a tilton 800 series pedal box to install. Once that is plumbed in and working I will address the front calipers.
This week is all about wiring, ripped out all of the harness and dash. Slowly piecing back to together a more standard setup using Joe's racing switch panels and Bosch relays.

Attachments

Reactions: Viper 00

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Spent most of the day landing wires for all the switches. Switch panel on the right is heater fan, map light, interior red lights, flood light bar. Center has power disconnect, toggle switch for fuel pump and aem relay and the push button start. I also have horn, hazards, and rear hatch release motor. We originally ran hood pins on the hatch back but it's a pita, so going back to the standard set up 20180310_195128_1520741402186.jpg 20180310_195128_1520741402186.jpg 20180310_195128_1520741402186.jpg 20180310_195128_1520741402186.jpg

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I made Wilwood radial mount caliper brackets last winter. Not hard. I am going to redo them as they were damaged in an incident. Will share as I move forward.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Please do. That will save me a grip of time, do they fit a 15 inch wheel

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yes. I am using the OE 05-07 rotor, not the SVT rotor, however. Maybe with some work you could get wheel offsets to the point where you could put the caliper over the larger rotor, but I am just not sure that is needed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Right on, I'm using mk 1.5 big spindles and brakes, I bought a svt rotor to use a mock up. My thought is it is too big for 15's but worth a try.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm pretty limited on offsets, only 3 manufactures make a 4x108 rally wheel

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here are some pics of the Tilton pedal box, 3 compartment reservoir, ss lines. Mechanical fpr and ss lines, I ran a return line back to the tank. 15 pound Braille battery, vf tranny mount, c.f.m. ss clutch line cut down and -3 end pressed on 20180330_192513_1522469404471.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks its been a busy winter. Finished plumbing in the front lines yesterday. So now all my custom brake and clutch lines are finished! Along with a complete an fuel system and return line, and like a billion other things.

Reactions: FocusforFun

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You racing NASA or ARA?
Im racing ARA 2wd open. We scored a 2nd place in nats at Olympus.! My next event is Rally Colorado in late July.

Taking the car to the dyno on June 5th to get the 2.5 tuned in, we have been running a conservative timing map and have some fat spots of fuel that neeb to be cleaned up. Hoping to be north of 200/200 It has all the pieces to make that happen.

At OTR we ran through a deep water crossing and hydro locked my original 2.5 dtec, prezteled the rod and snapped a intake cam.

Found another 2010 fusion motor and swapped that guy in with a few days to spare for Olympus Rally. Car was running great then we had a catasphoric strut failure which tore up the whole right side of the car. We got the car field fixed and towed back into service, but it wouldn't start. Found out the axle had taken out the aftermarket crank sensor. Loaded the car back onto the trailer and towed it to my tuners shop. Wired in a ford crank sensor and change the aem programming and we were back running. Towed back out to Olympus, studied video and read pace notes till midnight. Then on to day 2!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Great looking build, return fuel line was it required for the aem or for your rules? Hope you share final hp numbers, very interested how much other than the intake and exhaust with the tune gets you there. Really impressive build.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Dyno sheet from yesterday. Return line be cause the fuel pump would hit a 100 psi without the stock ECU and fuel pump driver. We are now dialed in at 42 psi

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
369 Posts
We just came off the Dyno tonight, new tune by tom, new plugs and a few adjustments, we did close to your numbers in hp but not in tq. But hey it's a 2 liter built for road racing. Looking forward to your updates as its a grand build. Hope to have a set of stage 3 cams installed by months end.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We just came off the Dyno tonight, new tune by tom, new plugs and a few adjustments, we did close to your numbers in hp but not in tq. But hey it's a 2 liter built for road racing. Looking forward to your updates as its a grand build. Hope to have a set of stage 3 cams installed by months end.
Do you mind sharing your dyno numbers, and what intake manifold you are running

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
369 Posts
This motor build did 184hp with 152 tq. Using the stock intake and a very custom exhaust after testing 2 different units. Tom spent hours and hours working with us on the Dyno and it's been a complete 20 over build, aftermarket rods and Pistons. We are allowed balancing and port matching 1" into the head on both intake and exhaust side. We have adjustable cam gears and have done as many as 10 adjustments on one Dyno day.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Those are really great numbers, how much did the cam gears unlock for you? I'm debating buying them

21 - 40 of 88 Posts