Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 12" JBL subs already in my 2008 Focus, but I have been offered a 8" JBL Bass Tube for $40.00. Is It worth buying?

I have just not seen anyone really use Bass tubes so I dont know if they sound any good or put out really any bass.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
160 Posts
from my experience with them (which is very little on the tubes) just keep your 12s. a tube only has so much power. imo tubes are more for trucks that dont have enough room for a sub/box setup

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was thinking of adding it into the setup but dont really wanna waste my time/money if it wont add much. So Id still have the 12's.
I dont think many people seem to have much experience with tubes. Ha

·
Banned
263 Posts
the only way i would see a benfit is if it was mounted in cab. other than that not worth it add another 12 if you want more or 2 15's. but the higher end bass tubes sound as good as square loaded enclosure of the same woofer and power

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yeah my friend paid $175 for it but had to sell his car so he offered it to me for fourty. I think I might just do it and run it under a seat.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea dude buy it! For 40 bucks you can't beat it. and if you never put it in your car you can sell it to someone else for more money. But I agree. You won't hear it unless it is in the cab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts