Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a stupid question for all You audio type folks. Basic wiring for a single sub should go as follows:

Sub to the amp, then power from the amp to the deck and ground from the amp to a solid ground point in the trunk, correct? And is there a need to even bother with an inline fuse if I'm only pulling a max of 750W(@1ohm) to a single 10" sub?

This is going to the stock HU for the time being. Total budget build, and so far have kept everything under $100, including the 10" RF Punch P1 sub, box courtesy of Tom(thanks again!), Bazooka ELA1500([email protected] ohms, 1ch) and various bits of hardware here and there, so I may spend a little more on the HU, but We shall see what kind of deals I can swing, lol.

Anywho, am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance of course, and rep+ to the audio genius(es) that help Me figure out what I'm sure is a simple problem.[thumb]

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF MobileJason, always fuse anything electrical like this. Your gonna need a power wire from batt to amp,remote turn on wire from head unit. Is this a powered amp with sub? Depending on how your amp is, you can use speaker signals as your turnn on also. I'll get back to you phone batt is dying :(.

Reactions: jmiller_1974

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I keep forgetting about the batt-->inline fuse-->amp part, and I'm not sure what I was thinking about the fuse, I know better than that, lol. As for whether or not it's a powered amp and sub, I don't know what You mean, exactly. Maybe the heat is just getting to Me, today... It has been many years since I messed with any of this, so I'm playing the role of n00b for a Day.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Jason, if your using an aftermarket head unit it will have a remote turn on wire but if not you can use the signal from the speakers if the amp has speaker level inputs. Once you get started doing it, everything should start coming bback. I'm doing a new set up in my Focus now and if you need any help with identifying wires just let me know since we both have 07's.

·
Registered
90 Posts
planning on doing a simple speaker swap in my wifes zx5 and add a sub. i really want to stay away from an aftermarket Head Unit for the sake of Simplicity. i.e. steering wheel controls, wiring etc.

I did the Converter in my mustang but it has factory amps to get a signal from. will getting the signal from the back speakers work the same?

I kind of want to clone my mach460 setup (amp/2 speakers+ amp/2 speakers+sub) I know the 460 setup can be aqquired pretty cheap, its just the pin outs that would be a bitch.

Thinking if i did this in stages i could stop early if i liked the way it sounded, i.e. build a box and get an amp/converter and see if that works in addtion to the stock speakers. then go from there adding 4 speakers/amp(s)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts