Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first of all i just want to say im a newbie with my ford. I've always had hondas and know what to do with them. My car is a 2000 SE 2.0 Zetec. So here are my questions

Oil- What kind of oil can i use to enhance performance?

Shocks and Struts - Best ones for my car

Springs - The best racing springs i can find that are about an 1 in 1/4 drop or 1/2. I dont want adjustable springs though.

And is there a reason why i should keep the piping with that big box hangin behind the muffler or is that the muffler? Anyways can anyone help me out thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Oil- I been using Castrol Syntec 5w-30 synthetic and motorcraft filters in my focus since I bought it new.

Shocks & struts- no Idea Just make sure to match em to your springs I didn't and haven't run into any problems at all but some people will definately tell you it is the right way to change your springs.

Springs- I used Megan Racing ones from Ebay, Tien has a set for about the same price on Ebay all the time for cheap and it will lower your car right where you want it..... just be sure that you know what you are buying and specificly ask if they will fit your car.

Big box & piping- No but it does help keep your car quiet, and that is nice for a daily driver.

·
FF Affiliate
31,230 Posts
Suspension i cant help you with but for the ZX3

Exh
Intake
Cams
Cam gears
TB
Then a tune

Oil i use the Mobile Syn 15/50 in summer and 5/30 winter , trans i use the Mobile 5/30 Syn engine oil

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts