Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for the best basic bang for your buck bolt ons...
im guessing... intake/header/exh ?

whats everyones opinions???
looking for a little more fun out of the car... doing the work is not a problem nor is tuning it once its done
just looking for a little more fun out of the car, not looking to spend too much money... my camaro is my money pit

·
Registered
406 Posts
well to start off with im sure other people will agree you get what you pay for.....basic bolt ons for a duratec make a HUGE difference....favorites include Focus Sport Exhaust, Focus Sport Cool-Flo Intake, F2 Header, F2 Intake, if you can find them used i would say you cant go wrong with Cosworth products, dont get me wrong FocusSport and F2 make top notch quality products too and all have outstanding customer service

5,155 Posts
Most common mods are (like you said) intake, header and exhaust.
Intakes: FocusSport CAI, F2 CAI, Cosworth (not in production anymore, have to buy it used) CAI. Steeda makes a ram air intake which is a nice underhood piece.

Headers: F2 and FocusSport make nice headers, but you can also buy a Draxas or Cosworth used.

Exhaust: MBRP is a pretty sweet exhaust and there's also Trubendz.

If you're lookin to save some coin, check the BST forums constantly, there's almost always something good up for sale.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as far as exhaust how much of a difference is the sound in tone and volume from the ST exhaust?
i wouldnt want anything much louder to be honest... im a V8 guys at heart (no offense of coarse)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also would be interested in some sound clips if anyone knows websites for them...
having very little luck with youtube

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
you can gain a solid 15whp from intake/exhaust/xcal tune.

my k&n typhoon intake i had was great and they claim 8.6whp (still have it for sale if you want it)

i also love my trubendz exhaust. its 2.5" and has a magnaflow muffler and high flow cat. its not very loud at all, i have some videos on my youtube if you want to check it out. one is before turbo and one is after. http://www.youtube.com/w8lifter1265 if you dont have nice speakers with good bass you wont get the full sound of hte exhaust, but you get an idea. (i played it on my ps3 with surround sound and it sounded just like real life). it is louder than the stock st, but it isnt a ton louder. and its significantly quieter than a lot of other exhausts..

how much money are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how about a shifter... the stocker's throw sucks balls

def money conscious but would obviously spend a little more for better quality....
as i said orignally i dump money into my camaro... not really the focus

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o wow sooo... looking @ the
F2 header = 285
F2 intake =165
MBRP exh = 300

total of $750

not too shabby

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the steeda intake looks pretty nice though too

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
if you dont want a loud exhaust FS makes their "stealth" exhaust... supposed to be pretty quite. same exhaust minus the stealth option is already pretty quite.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
my signature seems to contain all the information needed for this thread.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I too have an 07 Pitch Black ST. I went with the K&N Typhoon CAI, CFM 67mm T/B, b/s delete, VF rear motor mount, F2 header w/hfc, 2.5" Trubendz exhaust and added a Vibrant resonator (2.5" internal diameter) just before the Magnaflow muffler (helps with keeping the exhaust volume toned down a notch). Got the SCT X3 Ford Power Flash and dyno tuned, FRPP suspension (1.5" drop) that suprisingly rides better than stock and definately out performs the stock suspension. My last bolt-on mod will be the FRPP T2 Torsion diff. (should get it this spring). IMHO these basic bolt-on's + tune = 1 happy ST owner. [:)]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the K&N intake not worth it? Im new here and i notice it does not get mentioned much but yet its supposed to yield the biggest hp gain. This is all new to me ive had my St for a bit now but I come from a DSM (turbo eclipse) background so dropping to this power is wierd. Anyways i work at Oriellys and can get the K&N alot cheaper so i was wondering why i shouldnt get it. As for the exhaust they call it sport tuned but everyone says its restrictive lol. I want to get a little more out of the car but i dont want tit to sound like a honda.

·
Registered
596 Posts
IMHO the K&N Typhoon CAI + Trubendz w/hfc, 2.5" exhaust w/Magnaflow muffler (doesn't sound like a pissed off weedeater) is a very good setup ...but to get the most of these two bolt-ons when possible get the F2 v.3 header and a tune... you may even when you get the money get the CFM 67mm T/B...or the Cosworth 67mm T/B.. the cossie is a lot more expensive so I went with the CFM and have had no problems...K&N CAI has been a great bolt-on for me and well worth the money...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As for the exhaust they call it sport tuned but everyone says its restrictive lol. I want to get a little more out of the car but i dont want tit to sound like a honda.
same here!!!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Don't get the K&N Typhoon, get the K&N FIPK2, it nets 11.85whp instead of the 8.xx whp that the metal typhoon gets.

incidentally i'm selling one right now...link in the signature

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yes depending which dtech you have K&N has the correct CAI for you, mine just happens to take the Typhoon (recommended by K&N).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes depending which dtech you have K&N has the correct CAI for you, mine just happens to take the Typhoon (recommended by K&N).
what do u mean?
which is yours for vs the one he's selling?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts