Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 288 Posts

·
Atx PZEV FTW!
2,983 Posts
sorry i dont know a lot about duratec im slowly learning some motors will shoot check engines some wont but intake and exhaust shouldnt shoot a light?
lol no need to apologize, i asked the same questions myself at first... no they should not shoot a CEL... [headbang]

·
Atx PZEV FTW!
2,983 Posts
any advice on what exhaust i should go with?
exhaust is off topic, but theres so many good brands, fswerks it the most popular, check them out... other brand exhaust are
magnaflow
F2
Trubendz
top speed

you can probably find a good used exhaust on the f/s forums....

·
Atx PZEV FTW!
2,983 Posts
Was thinking about the AEM CAI, how much of a problem with water ingestion.

Thanks
JT
depends on your area, it barely rains out here in la, so i dont have to worry about hydrolocking, as long as the filter isnt fully submerged i think you should be fine....[8]

·
Registered
382 Posts
One of the ff members uses an aem filter in place of the kandn that came with his 57-2559 kit. From the look of things, it is easier to clean (just soap and water vs oil cleaning) and just as effective as the original filter. But in his case we are not talking about the entire aem kit. And as dung put it, the hydrolock issue really doesn't come up unless you are trying to fjord a river or something equally stupid.

Also, my kit came with a drylock cover for the whole filter...they're $20 a pop but they help keep the air flowing and the water out. I suggest you look no further than a kandn fipk II kit for optimal bang for your buck. Then again you don't have to think twice about most of these cai's. Have a blast!

·
Atx PZEV FTW!
2,983 Posts
ive never seen anyone with this typhoon kit... looks good, but id say just to be sure, if your state has adopted any emission laws to check if this typhoon kit is your state legal....if not just got with the reg k/n cai..i have it and it works great!

·
No Mo Fo Fo
3,246 Posts
well i know that it is legal in the state i live in, and the state that the car is registered, so i'm good there. But are there any other cai for the 08+ other than this and the fsWerks one? I've looked a little bit but haven't cam upon anything that looked that promising. Must be looking in the wrong places lol

·
No Mo Fo Fo
3,246 Posts
well i looked up the Steeda and the one from FSWerks, so out of the three i think i'm going to go ahead and get the fswerks because they show the dyno, and (i'm broke as a joke,) it's the cheapest.

·
Atx PZEV FTW!
2,983 Posts
well i looked up the Steeda and the one from FSWerks, so out of the three i think i'm going to go ahead and get the fswerks because they show the dyno, and (i'm broke as a joke,) it's the cheapest.
sounds good.... but im sure the steeda one made just about the sme if not power ...

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ive never seen anyone with this typhoon kit... looks good, but id say just to be sure, if your state has adopted any emission laws to check if this typhoon kit is your state legal....if not just got with the reg k/n cai..i have it and it works great!
I dont understand what emission laws have to do with a better intake? What is it doing to the emissions? Does it cause more smoke?

Doesnt "emissions" mean the amount of polutants it puts in the air?

Some one clue me in.

If anything i would think it would be better, more effecient, better gas milage, better for the environment, "greener" then stock.

·
Registered
452 Posts
There's more to it than emissions and air quality. I think it has more to do with tampering with the stock system and having to be approved by the California Air Resources Board and paying those fee's. I'm sure the high flow intakes contribute to some pollution but it really can't be too much if CARB is approving the designs.

Here's my Cosworth...Well worth the effort to find a used one for me in California!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
i know that steeda offers a short ram for the 08+, not sure if anyone else does to be honest.... and ive never heard of anyone trying to put a cosworth intake on a 08 either...[boxface]
AIRAID has a SRI that will fit. One of my friends installed it on his wife's '09.

161 - 180 of 288 Posts