Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've driven in a no-visibility rain storm on the highway with my CAI and didn't notice a difference either.

Hydrolock seems to be a bit a mole hill that's had a mountain made from it.

Btw, there are better CAIs than the FSW...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Which intake>? and will this fit

Alrite im looking to get an intake and its down between the FSWERKS cool flo which i was pretty set on and that K&N FIPK 11.

I have a 2007 Focus ST and the K&N supposedly only fits up to 2005 with a 2.3L but the CFM website says it will fit 06 and 07. [unsure] Does anyone have the KN FIPK on their st? and are the gains as spectacular as they claim

The FSWERKS claims around 6 hp and the KN FIPK 11 is claiming 11 hp [???:)]

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-2559

·
Registered
459 Posts
The K&N will fit either the 2.0 or the 2.3 from '05 to '07. Some companies just don't have an accurate/complete year listing.

The FSW intake has been known to rust on the inside and outside, since it's made out of steel, and the K&N has been known to throw CELs on occasion. A few people on here have the FIPK on their ST, so maybe they'll chime in.

Open to any other intake ideas, or are you set on either of those?

·
Registered
696 Posts
go with Fswerks I got it for months now, just survived a storm in GA Savanna ;) and my car drives smooths like nothing happened. Today I remove it just to check it out is there any problem, nope no rust, no dust, no nothing clean as the day I bought it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The K&N Typhoon which is on my 07 ST has performed flawlessly even in heavy downpours. IMHO it is the one to go with. I pretty much think that all CAI's perform about the same give or take a hp or 2...

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
in a few months i will possibly be selling my f2 header and if it is absolutely necessary i will be selling my cai... not sure what all i will have to sell when i do the FI thing

the one thing i am considering is staying NA, so I may go that way since I have put the money in NA parts...

Question about clutches. Spec, Clutch Masters or Exedy. which clutch and which stage for 200 whp or less and for more than 200 whp?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I've had the K&N Typhoon intake on my 07 since a few months after I bought the car and never had a problem out of it .

·
Registered
930 Posts
Everytime I read CAI threads I want to bang my head on a wall.

With a CAI that was designed for the Focus you run near 0 Risk of hydro-lock unless your driving thru a foot and a half of water. Ive driven thru a hurricane with mine and it never even hiccuped. The filter for most CAI's will sit behind the drivers side FogLight. the bottom is protected by the front fender it covers the filter from road Spray.

So again unless your driving thru 1.5 feet of water don't worry. mines been on for 50k now and its never been a problem

·
Registered
668 Posts
well i was just curious I know how CAI and Short rams work and the pros and cons i just wanna hear what you guys have to say and yea its a dd my wife's car

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I've driven in a no-visibility rain storm on the highway with my CAI and didn't notice a difference either.

Hydrolock seems to be a bit a mole hill that's had a mountain made from it.

Btw, there are better CAIs than the FSW...
Glad to see other people that are not so far up fsw ass [hihi].

·
Focus Factor
3,617 Posts
I have a CAI on my d-tec and I bet mine sucks more then most Foci on here.....I also have the little water repelent boot on my filter which I think helps, it really repels water I tested it before I installed it. And you know a CAI is pretty basic, my CP-E that I bought used works just as good as a new one twice the price.

101 - 120 of 288 Posts