Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 288 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
sorry man, i have looked EVERYWHERE. i cannot find it. i know there was one where one guy did one that we all liked a lot...even me, you, and chris. i know im subscribed, but i went back 15 pages, and did not see it. my apologies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help me out with understanding the 2009 PZEV

Where to start?

1) Are all the PZEV intake filters configured the same way?
2) Like someone else pointed out, K&N markets a CAI kit for 08-09 PZEV, has anyone tried it? Is it still the only one offered?
3) Does the product from Stealth fit the 09 PEZV? Has anyone tried it?
4) What is the “FS ones”? (see quote below)

And last but not least, the big question for me is would I seen gains in power and gas mileage in a daily driver that is really a commuter car? I drive about 50 miles a day in mixed freeway and city streets. I drive them as fast as possible, but the Lord only knows it isn’t as fast as I would like. So I was wondering if anyone had any idea where the threshold of practicality if with the up grades like CAI is?

they have the FS ones now.

good thread evan.

http://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?ID=957

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-3513TTK

I don't think the Typhoon will pas smog, but it apparently fits the PEZV intake.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Where to start?

1) Are all the PZEV intake filters configured the same way?
2) Like someone else pointed out, K&N markets a CAI kit for 08-09 PZEV, has anyone tried it? Is it still the only one offered?
3) Does the product from Stealth fit the 09 PEZV? Has anyone tried it?
4) What is the “FS ones”? (see quote below)

And last but not least, the big question for me is would I seen gains in power and gas mileage in a daily driver that is really a commuter car? I drive about 50 miles a day in mixed freeway and city streets. I drive them as fast as possible, but the Lord only knows it isn’t as fast as I would like. So I was wondering if anyone had any idea where the threshold of practicality if with the up grades like CAI is?

1: The PZEV filter systems in the 08's and up are just like the ones from the 04's to my knowledge.
2: The CAI will work for your PZEV as long as it has provisions for the air pump to the exhaust manifold.
3: From stealth? You mean the stealth CAI? Its purely a cone filter on the bottom of your stock MAF tube.
4: FS = Focussport.

And you will see gains in HP from a CAI for sure. If you keep your foot way outta it, some MPG as well.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That is for any year or model Duratec, the author just had an 05 ZX3.

It is called a CAI but it doesn't really matter. Both a CAI and an SRI are intakes. the only difference is length and filter location, so I don't see what you mean by principles applying from one to the other.

·
Registered
22 Posts
"Custom Short Ram"
The Custom Short Ram is built by removing the stock MAF tube, shaving off the tabs on both ends, flipping it and dremeling out the MAF sensor opening so that way it will fit in there facing the correct way, and then attaching one end to the stock throttle body boot and attaching a cone filter to the other end. It should sit right behind the driver's side headlight. If someone can find the "how-to" thread on this that would be greatly appreciated.
here is the thread:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50693

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay I really like the "stealth" airbox idea, however, that writeup says nothing about removing the stock air filter, so wouldn't that just make it have two air filters?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
no you remove the lower part of the stock setup and attach a cone filter the the lower end of the MAF tube.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
158 Posts
hey im not sure if i can ask this here. but im sure i can, hope its ok.

Im looking into buying a cai.
Right now im going with either a 63 Series AirCharger Intake Kit from K&N or a FSWERKS 2.3L Cool-Flo Race Air Intake System.

Which one do you guys recommend?

How was the installation experience for those who have one of these?

Thank You
[ffrocks]

·
Registered
42 Posts
I read this first!!!

away from everything hot
I'm really digging that, and getting ready to read the writeup on the DIY SRI... the stealth looks awesome, but I don't want to put my (wife's) filter that low.

Anything special I need to know about the MAF before I start screwing around with stuff? [:)] (EDIT: apparently so!)

I really don't like the idea of a maintenance free filter... and closing on 50,000 miles it's time to do something about it..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've searched around for CAI for my 2010 Ford Focus with the 2.0L Duratec and the only one I've found is the FocusSport Cool-Flo. Does anyone have pics of this installed?

I did see the list with K&N FIPK2, K&N Typhoon, and AEM CAI, but their websites say that those aren't available for my car. However, I keep seeing people posting about having a FIPK2 or Typhoon on their duratec; how are they getting that to work?

Also, I haven't gotten any of the links on this forum to work. I have to copy and paste the brand names and Google 'em. Any ideas on what's up with that?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I think the only CAI for the 08 - 10 is the Cool Flo. It is an easy install. I did mine in about an hour, but that was taking my time and making sure it fit properly.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Roush one looks nice (considering the good pic of it actually installed), but it says it's for 08-09 models.

Is there a difference in the 2010 model where it wouldn't fit?

41 - 60 of 288 Posts