Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
yah. i have no tune yet so its still stock. what would happen if i put my maf in a 3" tube with out a tune. would it run like crap or not at all?

·
Registered
404 Posts
you know what's funny, I am brand new to these forums and just read this thread instead of all others. So 07_ninja clearly was wrong.

·
Registered
126 Posts
(note: will fit the 03-04 DTEC engines, but it is very tight against the headlight)
When it comes to this Steeda air intake, when you say tight, are you talking within 1 inch away, or touching the headlight housing very tight? I've got a 2004 Duratec 2.3 ....

Also, does anybody have or like the AEM Duratec cold air intake? Do you get good HP with it? And how is the fitment within the engine bay?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
When it comes to this Steeda air intake, when you say tight, are you talking within 1 inch away, or touching the headlight housing very tight? I've got a 2004 Duratec 2.3 ....

Also, does anybody have or like the AEM Duratec cold air intake? Do you get good HP with it? And how is the fitment within the engine bay?

Tight like smashed against it. like slightly bent. like you have to remove the headlight to get it in. like have to muscle the headlight back in and wont fit flush unless you bolt that bottom bolt in too. works great tho!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
259 Posts
Tight like smashed against it. like slightly bent. like you have to remove the headlight to get it in. like have to muscle the headlight back in and wont fit flush unless you bolt that bottom bolt in too. works great tho!
Posted via FF Mobile
lol
nice honesty there evan

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile
this was funny.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
I just browsed thru it...its a decent write up for sure!

Looking at it makes me wish i would've gone with the F2 CAI instead of the K&N FIPK kit for sure...its a helluva lot cheaper!!

Damn K&N branding
the FIPK is light years ahead of the f2. the f2 has had numerous problems, so much so that they had to discontinue the 2nd version of it, and went back to something closer to their original design. its cheap for a reason.

people who got the newest design had problems with it too, b/c f2 could not get the maf insert right. most returned them.

the fipk is a hard plastic, and protects better from heat than the metal ones. you spent your money wisely.

Reactions: NotAnSES

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
still trying to find the "HOW-TO" on building the custom short ram form the duratec...anyone know where its is?

21 - 40 of 288 Posts