Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
so i just got a smoking deal on an 4-1 race fswerks header and flex pipe 185 shipped i dont have a exhaust system it is all stock and no tune either should i even bother bolting it on or just wait for the tune/exhaust? any advice helpfull

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sadly I cannot afford to buy one of the nicer exhaust systems so I was thinking of just going with a muffler+tip and taking it to a shop to have it installed with new piping from the cat back. Here is the Flowmaster Muffler I am looking at. I was thinking of the 2.5" though to beef up the size. Any thoughts?
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/searchfmm/vehicle_cat.php?cat=&make=FORD&year=2006&model=FOCUS&submodel=ZX4&engine=L4&search=1
From what I can tell, all that's really gunna do is change the sound. You wont get any gains from it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I can tell, all that's really gunna do is change the sound. You wont get any gains from it.
You really think so? Even if I go with a larger than factory pipe diameter it wouldn't give any gains? Is it because Flowmaster is more about sound than performance? Any recommendations on a more performance based muffler?

·
Registered
26 Posts
so i just got a smoking deal on an 4-1 race fswerks header and flex pipe 185 shipped i dont have a exhaust system it is all stock and no tune either should i even bother bolting it on or just wait for the tune/exhaust? any advice helpfull
I can't see any reason why you couldn't just bolt it on now. Unless you'd rather wait and install everything in one shot. Probably save more time installing one step at a time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I want my car to have the tunner sound, but I don't want it to souls like its fartin. Anyone have any suggestions

·
Registered
179 Posts
just wait to do the install.. do the exhaust first then the tune then header
Do the tune after the exhaust and headers. The header will cause CELs and you can turn them off with a tune.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
^ please fix the work headers please lol chang to header.

I am installing my turbo kit this weekend. You can get a fswerks header and flex for a good deal. Its in perfect condition other than the coating is wearing off. but what header doesnt. I personally wanted to wrap it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man. I'd jump on that if you were closer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, the stock header has three 02 Sensors that go into it. I don't think the FSWerks 4-1 Header has 3 ports to plug those 02 sensors into. So what do you with the left-over 02 sensors? Do they come off or what? (I believe the 4-1 header only has one port, which I would use for my AEM Wideband)

Also, at the very top of the stock header, connected to it, there's this little rod that runs right over the top of it and is connected to it. How do I get that off to unbolt the stock header? After I put the 4-1 header on, what do I do with it then?

The directions don't really say anything about this stuff.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can I install a FS flexpipe on a Draxas header? And do I need new gaskets for my header? If so, where can I get them?
the FS Werk headers would perfect. i know the site doesn't sell a gasket for some reason but u could grab one from Weapon R or a local performance shop like Stang-Hi ( Roush dealer/Performance shop). ive also been looking at them lately. I plan on going with FS headers just on the face that its slightly cheaper lol. and finish it ..Headers.. HighFlow Cat.. 2inch piping Flex.. and insted of haveing a poopy muffler (or resinator) replace it with a GlassPac.. finally exit to a muffler stip....somthing like that would NORMALLY cost shit load of money ... but IF you do the right research on the internet . You'll find all u need anywhere from 64.99 to 230.00 (not including headers and a Reprogramer/w software..you'll need the reprogramer if you plan on changing your air flow ratio..) <- remamber that . :D

·
w/ my magic bag
29,312 Posts
Add a tune w/ the header

So, the stock header has three 02 Sensors that go into it. I don't think the FSWerks 4-1 Header has 3 ports to plug those 02 sensors into. So what do you with the left-over 02 sensors? Do they come off or what? (I believe the 4-1 header only has one port, which I would use for my AEM Wideband)
No the Fwerk's header has 1 bung for the 02 senser, not 3. For a wide band= hit up a muffler shop to weld in another bung.
Also, at the very top of the stock header, connected to it, there's this little rod that runs right over the top of it and is connected to it. How do I get that off to unbolt the stock header? After I put the 4-1 header on, what do I do with it then?
Sounds like you have a pzev motor, so someone can chime in 'bout pzev manifolds. After you bolt on the header, you'll need a flex & a exhaust system.
The directions don't really say anything about this stuff.
The directions tell you how to bolt up the header & they asume you already have a exhaust system. A tune will help= turn off the egr & rear o2 senser & on top of that your engine will run better too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey Bruce. How you doing?

Anybody out there have an F2 flex pipe or know of one that's not being used? I've got the F2 header and I'm dying to put it on but I don't want to pay $100 for a shop to make one for me and I don't want to do any welding to it.

On a side note, I'm still getting used to the lowered stance. Ran over an effing asphalt boulder today and I would have cleared it except for the Stealth portion of my FSWerks exhaust. That kicked it up and it tore out some of my heat shield. Haven't gotten under there to really check it out but I foresee a trip to pick n pull soon.

121 - 140 of 241 Posts