Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
FSW and OBX are both copies of the Cosworth design, theyll sound the same. the diff will be in your muffler/ resonator choices
Really? The OBX is almost half the price the FSWerks. The FSWerks looks like it has better welds. Any suggestions and why?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have all of the above and I wouldn't necessarily say it a "substantial" difference from stock...Its better then stock but dont get it twisted. For a substantial difference you will need to boost it up.
Well, sure, but I'm sure it's quite noticable over stock. Like, "Wow! I've stepped into a new car. More vroom!" [headbang]

Right?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,324 Posts
The Fwerk's header is 1 7/8'' vs the obx 1 5/8''s & ceramic coated

·
Registered
65 Posts
So once again I must call upon you guys to get me out of a jam. The flex-pipe on my 05 ST has a leak. My question is that if I put one of these on will it not throw a code. I really am not looking for too much as far as power gains and plan on keeping the stock exhaust. I just want to get something nice instead of a stock replacement for way more $. I'm just not sure how legit that 90 degree pipe for the second sensor is...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-RACE-HEADER-MANIFOLD-EXHAUST-05-09-FOCUS-DURATEC-2-0L-2-3L-/390404242834?hash=item5ae5e7fd92&item=390404242834&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
373 Posts
Man, getting the Exhaust on was pretty easy, but for some reason, we just could not get the new header on. To be perfectly honest, we couldn't even get the stock one off. We just started to take the heat shield off when we discovered that neither of us could even get the damn stock 02 sensors off. [bawling]

The whole thing was just too damn hard and too much of a tight squeeze. So, luckily my bro has a buddy who he thinks will be able to help, so within a week or two, I'll meet up with this other guy and see if he can get it on there for me.

I noticed a pretty nice gain with the CAI/Exhaust. From 0-50 MPH it climbs faster than it ever has before, but from 50> it lags back down a little bit and starts climbing slower again. But I shaved off a good second from my 0-60 times. I was doing them in roughly 10 seconds, whereas now I'm doing them roughly in 9. But that's with a fully loaded car. I wonder if I'll be able to make that same run in 8 with a gutted trunk and all the extra crap out of my car? Then hopefully (if I ever get the header on) I'll be able to make that same run in 7. [driving]

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just curious if anyone has a rough guesstimate on what 1/4 times I could run once I get my header/2.5 flex/Tune? Right now (with the mods in my sig + gutted trunk) I run a consistent 16.4 quarter mile.

I hope after the H/Flex/Tune I'll be able to do somewhere in the low 15s. Then once I get my other two engine mounts replaced with race ones, and get lighter wheels, I'll be able to do 14s no problem. Goal accomplished. [thumb]

Then if I ever get camshafts & valve springs in addition with everything else, maybe I'll be able to do high 13s? Or is that a little too much of a stretch?

What do you think? [grinking]

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
My old roommate ran mid 13's in an SVTF with the only mods being an AEM intake and Borla Exhaust...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,324 Posts
Boost will do ya'

Well, with my exhaust & intake, I'm doing 16s. Any chance a header & tune will shave 2 whole seconds off my time, putting me around the low 15s - high 14s? Maybe with a premium grade fuel tune?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you'd need more than thou,s items to get you in the 14's. You'd maybe knock 2 tenths off.You'd need a power adder=nos, turbo, blower to get you into the 14's

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you'd need more than thou,s items to get you in the 14's. You'd maybe knock 2 tenths off.You'd need a power adder=nos, turbo, blower to get you into the 14's
Thank you! Finally someone else who's a realist..A header is cool but its not really a day night difference like some would claim.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm sorry, but what's a blower? Is that just another name for a turbo? If not, is it cheaper than turbo?

Otherwise though, I'm trying to figure out way to cut more weight. I already gut my trunk, so maybe next time I'll try to remove the passanger seat or something. I've been thinking about getting a set of lighter wheels, but those are roughly $700 bucks a set, so I'll have to wait a while before doing that.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Sounds like a personal problem not knowing what a blower is...

·
Registered
373 Posts
So, the stock header has three 02 Sensors that go into it. I don't think the FSWerks 4-1 Header has 3 ports to plug those 02 sensors into. So what do you with the left-over 02 sensors? Do they come off or what? (I believe the 4-1 header only has one port, which I would use for my AEM Wideband)

Also, at the very top of the stock header, connected to it, there's this little rod that runs right over the top of it and is connected to it. How do I get that off to unbolt the stock header? After I put the 4-1 header on, what do I do with it then?

The directions don't really say anything about this stuff.

·
Registered
26 Posts
101 - 120 of 241 Posts