Focus Fanatics Forum banner

241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the response. I fixed it today. I bought an 18" Supertrapp SC muffler and had a shop make a new rear pipe to slip into the FSWerks midpipe. It is just barely louder than it was before and has a great sound. I spent a lot more money on this than I wanted to but I'm happy with the result.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can you achieve close to the same results by deleting BOTH CATS off of the stock exhaust manifold? I plan on pulling my exhaust manifold up, cutting it open, busting out the cat, rewelding it together and re-installing. Have you guys heard of anyone else going this route? I am doing a clapped out zx4 and after I do this I will be getting a sct tuner to delete out the emmisions and get mo powah. Ive pretty much de-restricted up to that point now with custom ram intake and swirl valve delete. Car is running rich and making good power now through 2nd gear into 3rd (for pzev model) hoping with this delete it will open up air flow and allow 3rd gears power band to run more easily into 4th.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Can you achieve close to the same results by deleting BOTH CATS off of the stock exhaust manifold? I plan on pulling my exhaust manifold up, cutting it open, busting out the cat, rewelding it together and re-installing. Have you guys heard of anyone else going this route? I am doing a clapped out zx4 and after I do this I will be getting a sct tuner to delete out the emmisions and get mo powah. Ive pretty much de-restricted up to that point now with custom ram intake and swirl valve delete. Car is running rich and making good power now through 2nd gear into 3rd (for pzev model) hoping with this delete it will open up air flow and allow 3rd gears power band to run more easily into 4th.
Its a waste of time, as the 20 uses a log mani/cat.....Throw a Fwerks header w/ flex & be done w/ it.....Makes a big difference as well as a pr of cams & I'd be doing this on a 23 head vs the 20 head.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just a quick question I have an 06 ZX4 with the 2.0L. If I change out my header I have to get the car tuned so the CEL doesn’t pop because of the cat being taken out correct? And who makes a good flash programmer?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Possibly get ahold of Tom on this board.....

241 - 245 of 245 Posts