Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I was looking at the trubends tubing kit. Do you need a muffler with it or mabey just a resonator? I have the PZEV and after lunchbox delete there is like no noticible difference. But I don't want to sound like a honda. Trubends has a kit for sale right now with alll hangers and a honda muffler I was thinking of getting that and removing ther honda?
If your going to replace that Honda style muffler w/ something like a magna flow, Why not put the difference towards a fwerks system then?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I know this has been asked a million times, and I've searched, but how quiet is the fswerks stealth exhaust? I already find the stock ST exhaust to be loud, is it louder than stock? If there's drone, even a little, with the stealth, I may just stay stock.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I know this has been asked a million times, and I've searched, but how quiet is the fswerks stealth exhaust? I already find the stock ST exhaust to be loud, is it louder than stock? If there's drone, even a little, with the stealth, I may just stay stock.
As you know you have the sport edition, hence a little freer flowing system. As you have read many times people delete or remove the ''lunch box'' muffler which the st doesn't have. The stealth muffler is bigger in length & diameter so it would muffle better & it also flows better. If your looking for a cheap fix the quiet down your exhaust, you could add a resonator where the lunch box muffler would go. The aftermarket exhaust people= like magna-flow put a lot time & energy in there products. I have added a Borla system yrs ago & if I was to do it now, I'd get Fwerk's system w/ the stealth. Just to add it is a 4cylinder motor w/ a 1 3 4 2 firing order. Listen to a Subie motor= a boomy tone, maybe not loud but boomy. You are doing to a have a different tone at a certain rpms.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
As you know you have the sport edition, hence a little freer flowing system. As you have read many times people delete or remove the ''lunch box'' muffler which the st doesn't have. The stealth muffler is bigger in length & diameter so it would muffle better & it also flows better. If your looking for a cheap fix the quiet down your exhaust, you could add a resonator where the lunch box muffler would go. The aftermarket exhaust people= like magna-flow put a lot time & energy in there products. I have added a Borla system yrs ago & if I was to do it now, I'd get Fwerk's system w/ the stealth. Just to add it is a 4cylinder motor w/ a 1 3 4 2 firing order. Listen to a Subie motor= a boomy tone, maybe not loud but boomy. You are doing to a have a different tone at a certain rpms.
I'd like to maintain the volume but increase performance slightly.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I'd like to maintain the volume but increase performance slightly.
No brainer= break out your c/c & order a fwerk's system w/ stealth then. Easy install, break out a sawsall or a hack saw for the oem one & enjoy a quick easy install.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have the stealth with a header and many other things and thoroughly enjoy it! I fear the day that I go to low and have to remove the stealth piece. Que honda airplane engines zooming around at slow speeds.

·
Atx PZEV FTW!
2,983 Posts
depends how low you go, ive got a Fswerks stealth with a F2 header, its loud, sounds great, but on awkward inclines/declines i can hear the resonator scrapping along. i highly recommend adjustable coilovers, raise it up during your normal days, then lower when your gonna track it.[wave]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I have the stealth with a header and many other things and thoroughly enjoy it! I fear the day that I go to low and have to remove the stealth piece. Que honda airplane engines zooming around at slow speeds.
Hey Chris your on coilovers now, how low do you have them? I have the eibach sportline system which is 2/2.2'' drop & have no issues w/ srcaping. If I didn't have the stealth, I'd be on h&r's sport cup kit= 2.6'' drop.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have a video of mine (fswerks street exhaust) if you wanna hear it pm me your number i cant load it to youtube for some reason. Its not much louder than stock.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haven't seen any actual custom stuff in this thread after a quick skim through... Here's what my business partner and I tossed together in the driveway for my car.

Details:
-2.5" 14-gauge T-304 stainless
-3/8" T-304 hand-bent hangers
-All connections are stainless steel v-bands
-Deleted second cat
-Two resonators (since exhaust tuning is such a large part of our business, and since our systems always sound so unique, I do not discuss what my system has for sound quality/management.)
-Welded with 318 stainless steel filler
-3" hand-polished tip

The sound is raw, yet refined and clean-cut, and the car pops and crackles quite a lot while off throttle. It is very loud in comparison to pretty much any kit out there, but quiets down very nicely when not under heavy load. It does not interrupt in-car conversation at all.

Sound clip (please excuse the quality, the video was taken with an iPhone):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5U1VMNgxYA

Pictures:

·
Registered
33 Posts
2007 Focus SES ZX3 exhaust questions!

Hey guys, I need to replace my exhaust and was wondering if a 2000-2004 zx3 exhaust system would work with my Focus? Also, I have an SVT rear bumper, but there isn't a cutout where the exhaust should come out? How would my exhaust end come out under the bumper cover? Thanks!

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Is that valance for a center exit Borla? Have you thought about replacing it w/ a sap one? There is a sap duffuser in here for sale now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money to buy a different diffuser. I'll probably just have to cut out my own slot for the exhaust tip. Gotta buy an exhaust!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, but that would require extra money too. I'm on an extremely tight budget. And I don't know where I would find an elongated flat exhaust tip that would fit there..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I guess if I found an exhaust system around $100 I could get a couple angled pipes and bring a dual tip out in the center. Would a 2000-04 exhaust work with my 2007? I've seen a couple of those around that are going for a little over $100. Thanks!

161 - 180 of 186 Posts