Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
well definitely wanna get as much performance out of it as possible. but dont want it to sound too raunchy. i used to own a 02 zx3 with a race exhaust on it. it wasnt too shabby but the sound was a little too... "fart can-ish". ill check out the f2 one you mentioned. im definitely going for the deep sound. i like the whole "sleeper" style of modding. the only difference between the stealth and race exhausts would be the resonator anyways right?? just curious

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
yes. that will take some of the noise out. I always figure if a car does not have a fart can on it, it does not sound like one lol. I hate how some fart cans have this high pitch noise to them. search some f2 vids and trubendz

·
Registered
114 Posts
find a mbrp exhaust vid. should be some on youtube or streetfire. has a really nice tone to it. not loud unless youre hammering on it, just deep. my personal favorite

·
Registered
114 Posts
I do. Ill see if I can find them. If you want you'll need to extend about 3in. I didn't on mine though and I like the way it looks
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
593 Posts
jdcochran, what did you mean by you didn't extend yours? I had to do an extension just to get the last hook to reach the hanger. And I have to do another extension because the tailpipe doesn't come out enough and it melted my diffuser...you really should make sure the gasses that exit the ehaust don't do so before it clears the body.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will get some pics of mine for you tomorrow too and post them i have the MBRP cat back on mine.. I will try to get a vid together for you as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry in advance for my dirty car it rained lastnight and work 10 hours today :p

It is not perfectly centered.. there was no good way to do it.. i tried a few things

if it gets done here quick i will have the vid up. Also not I did not have to add any pipe to it this is the way it came.. and I have not ever had it melt anything this is the second year on the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have the Cosworth cat back system? of All the videos I've seen and heard on You-Tube, I think that has the best "Non-Farting" tone.
Any additional input would be helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cosworth anyone?

Does anyone have the Cosworth cat back system? of All the videos I've seen and heard on You-Tube, I think that has the best "Non-Farting" tone.
Any additional input would be helpful.

·
Registered
459 Posts
41 - 60 of 186 Posts