Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Well I hope you're comparing car to car, because almost all the SVTFs have different base dynos. They really can range a big gap. Good luck with the dyno it should be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I know this isn't what you're really looking for, but I just cant help myself

·
Registered
123 Posts
belacyrf said:
Stock numbers will be anywhere from 140 to 155 whp and 125 to 140 ft/lbs of torque.

Realistically expect high 140s hp and low 130's torque. That would be an average dyno.
It will really change from dyno to dyno.

Here's mine then one with the ORP added. The baseline dyno did have an AEM CAI on it though.

Wait.. just adding the ORP gave you 19ft-lbs? Something doesn't add up here. Plus the bottom of the sheet shows a retard on the exhaust. What are your mods to give to 149ft-lbs?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:

shakes fist.................

·
Registered
131 Posts
as belacyf said, it varies from dyno to dyno. comparing baselines from different dynos around the country doesnt really do much except stroke egos.

dynos are better suited for you to measure the gains you're getting out of your mods.... thats why its called a baseline. its not a "true" rating of your real whp, but the gains you see after putting mods on and re-dynoing it will show you what you gained relative to your first dyno run.

·
Registered
582 Posts
damn! i can only hope that putting on the orp i just ordered will give me 19 ft/lbs!

·
Registered
370 Posts
That exhaust cam gear was retared -2 degrees (yes I had that cam on there as well... here is the dyno of what the cam gear did.

I believe this dyno might have had a UDP added as well.. I dont remember it was years ago.
But the cam gear ONLY cleaned up this ugly dip in torque from the ORP. You can see it added zero top end power.

·
Registered
373 Posts
ummm... i'll take one of whatever 03orangeSVT has on his car. please.

·
Registered
582 Posts
you think the cam gear was worth it man? i'm definately getting a tune after i install all the crap i just ordered, but i am curious as to how you feel about the gear. i don't have a dyno w/in 40 minutes of here, and it'd be a pita to get done, but i think i've seen people get like 7 hp off it, thats pretty good when you've done everything else! anybody with a cam gear jump in here...

·
Registered
370 Posts
The cam gear isn't worth to much peak power... I think we were able to pick up 1 or 2 whp at some settings but they still had a dip in torque down low. The cam gear set a -2 was perfect to clean that dip up, and nothing else. If you have a dyno and you have an odd dip like that, then yes, get a cam gear and clean it up. If not, then dont.

·
Registered
255 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:

is that really all u made off 15 psi. man that kinda sucks. i was really hoping to see higher numbers off that much boost. is that with a log mani or an equal length. are u running a 3 inch downpipe and exhaust? just wondering?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Thats on a STOCK internal engine and PUMP gas.......

NO ONE else has done that yet[8]

Right now a 3" downpipe is a waste, since you can only get a 2.5" ORP and flex for the SVT but it does have the 3" cat back. To help increase spool I wrapped the turbo and downpipe to the ORP which really helped.

You have to remember thats 15psi on a 10.25:1 compression engine, thats alot of boost for that compression. Then again the engine is stock except for the intake manifold and a 65mmTB.

Next Friday I should have it back at Tom's for a couple more pulls on the dyno, and lets say we think there is more power there.[}:)]

·
Registered
370 Posts
That power is not weak for 15PSI!
And it's on 93 octane!

You have to remember Orange has a custom intake manifold that really is meant for HP, I would bet he lost a little torque there, but he has tons of HP to make up for it!!

(Although orange.. remember Jon put down 318whp on his stock block Focus (non SVT) hehe)

But his powers are excellent. This is my dyno at 14 PSI and a horribly bad slipping clutch. We had to feather the throttle until the clutch stopped slipping. But if you looked at the torque curve of the 9 PSI run, you can infer my peak power would have been about 280whp and 260 ft/bls on 14 PSI and I dont have the intake manifold. (keep in mind this is a very ugly tune... I've done alot of work since) But still shows his power at 15PSI on 93 octane is impessive.

For me there was alot more power left for my car because I was on 100 octane. Unfortunately Cali 91 is like 89 octane in other states, so we're handcuffed. I wont get over 240whp on our 91. Oh well.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
belacyrf said:

(Although orange.. remember Jon put down 318whp on his stock block Focus (non SVT) hehe)

I did say stock engine........ not block [hihi]
thanks for the support Bela[thumb]

EDIT: We also think there may have been a crack in the intake when it was tuned, since it was repaired it has LOTS more TQ when out on the road. Next Friday I should be at Toms for some more pulls and hopfully better results...... in HP and TQ[burnout]

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dude your engine isnt' stock, you dont have the VCT, or the DSI. If you'd have kept the VCT, you probably still wouldn't have your car back because Tom would be trying to figure out how to work around the damned thing hehe!!!

Has tom ever mentioned to you if he's worried about your pistons with cylinder pressures at 15PSI??? Our pistons are prone to some bad things... every failure on the SVT has been piston related. Just wondering if Tom thinks that is something that needs to be addressed on your car soon.

either way, your numbers are awesome. Consider yourself lucky you get good 93 octane. someday I'll replace this clutch and get a real dyno. No matter what, our cars are good evidence that this GT28RS turbo is a pretty good fit [:D]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
We talked about it, and I'll eventually upgrade everything[:D]

Most time piston failures occure due to high cylinder temps or DETO, the J&S has shown ZERO signs of deto and my EGT's on #3 run about 1200* so I'm not worried about those. Tom has several thousand miles running at 18psi, I've turned mine down to 13psi for daily driving and it still has TONS of power[:0]

Besides most of my driving is highway, except going to work which is only 7 minutes each way, and as you know at sustained speed there is no boost... just vacuum[thumb]

ALSO I only change 2 little pieces on my engine, its still more stock than Jons[paranoid]

EDIT: I also have a Sunoco that sells 94 octane just up the road[poke]
Plus 110 is also availible....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts