Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i traded cars with a friend so i could haul some stuff in his. not long after he started driving it, he called to say the check engine light was on. 2 months a go i put a full race header on. i figured i'd get a check engine light, but until last night, i hadn't. do you think that's what's causing it? the car runs fine. i have a MIL eliminator on my mustang. i think i'll try disconnecting the battery tonight and installing it tomorrow to see if it goes away. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Your check engine light will stay on b/c the computer is sensing a change. I put a race header on and it did the same. It waited a few days and then came on. The computer finally recognized it. I just unplugged my light b/c it drove me crazy. Disconnecting the battery will work for a while, but give it time and the light will be back on. Sounds like to me the computer is just doing its job.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The mil eliminator should be the same as the one on your stang.........I would get another and put on.......that way it will cancel your engine light..........if you happen to have a real problem and you have your light unplugged you will never know..........

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know the eliminator is the same. i just thought if i was going to get the light due to no cat, i would have gotten it before now.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Did you drive it on a regular basis and on decent trips........I'm like you, that should have showed up a little sooner.........it just might have been one of those deals where it took a little longer, never know...........you might still want to put that elminator on and undo your battery and reset it.........just to be on the safe side......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's a DIY job. i had my father inlaw order the proper connectors and they plug right in. w/o looking, i imagine the fc's are the splice in kind with the price tag of only $12 if not, snap 'em up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i now see your corrected post

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
if that does not fix it than hook it up to a scan tool.If you do not now anbody with one go to a autozone and they will scan it for you for free.If you go to a shop they will charge you like 50-70.00 just to hook it up.if you whant to buy scan tool.I got mine for 150.00.Thats cheep.They are usely any were from 150.00 to 5,000.00.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
just dont drive the car and do anyw3rk on it. i am impatient and i put my new m.i.l in with the car hot god im a dummy lol. my car really is a hottie sometimes when she's turned on. whooo sizzle for shizzil on my handizzle. i guess im inpatient, what else can i say??? hhehe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts