Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my car is making a lot more power then stock it's time to upgrade the clutch and flywheel. (LSD)

I'm going to go with the Fidanza Flywheel and CM 4.
My question is should I get them balanced? I have been doing a lot of reading about blueprinting and balancing.

Balancing benefits are pleasability, reliability and durability but is it worth it? Cost is about 100.00 or so.

Need some input on this question.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Bigfonsz said:
Now that my car is making a lot more power then stock it's time to upgrade the clutch and flywheel. (LSD)

I'm going to go with the Fidanza Flywheel and CM 4.
My question is should I get them balanced? I have been doing a lot of reading about blueprinting and balancing.

Balancing benefits are pleasability, reliability and durability but is it worth it? Cost is about 100.00 or so.

Need some input on this question.

Thanks
While I had the ENGINE B&B'd during R&R, never had the f.w. or clutch balanced. I think each is balanced at the factory. I'm at 300+. I have the CM4 and their f.w.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I never balanced my flywheel or clutch, should be balanced from factory like finalley said. Mine runs great too. Wish I could say I'm making more power than the stocker can handle though...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
04OrangeSVT said:
I never balanced my flywheel or clutch, should be balanced from factory like finalley said. Mine runs great too. Wish I could say I'm making more power than the stocker can handle though...
You’re right. It's Factory balanced but it's recommend to have it done before the install. I went with the CM4 and Fidanza flywheel. Ultra Rev is off the hook. The best price around. If your looking for a good set up call them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
nobody ever recommended for me to have them balanced. I don't think I would ever tell anyone to make sure they balance their new clutch before install.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finalley said:
nobody ever recommended for me to have them balanced. I don't think I would ever tell anyone to make sure they balance their new clutch before install.
Go to Fidanza website. They recommeded it. [:D]

It might cut down on the noise and vibrations. Think of it like your tire that’s not balanced but it will spin much faster. I’ll let you know how it works out. Pics will come before the balance and after.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pic of a balanced flywheel and Clutch. (56K go to starbucks)

Notice the drill out on both sides. The flywheel is balanced to 0. It was .9 off from the factor.

Just waiting on the LSD. Install should be sometime this week. [:D]

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done and back on the road.

Man my car is back on the road with Fidanza flywheel with CM stage 4 with the LSD. Man it's like day and night. The flywheel makes no noise and the Clutch is balls to the wall. Pay about 900.00 for the install W/LSD. Anyone that’s thinking about get a lightweight flywheel should have it balanced with the clutch. By far a must with FI. [burnout]

Next stop High output alternator with NOS intercooler bar. [wrenchin]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts